Urgent: The WTS is using it's website to spread deceit about child abuse.

by Latin assassin from Manhattan 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

After examing the contents at http://www.silentlambs.org/ and http://www.dirtclod.com/ I took it upon myself to see examine the viewpoint of the WTS on this matter through it's website at http://www.watchtower.org. The results were shocking to say the least.

The WTS is probably not aware of it, but it's articles seem to subliminally reveal it's tragic view of child abuse. As if their articles had a conscious of their own, they clearly confess to the very crimes the WTS has accused other religions of committing.

It's saddening however, because the WTS uses articles like the ones shown below to turn the public's attention to other religous organizations, as if it stood out among the rest as a protector of children. To someone who is unaware of the crisis, it may seem as if the WTS is the only place where God's protection can be found. But to those who have been victimized by a JW and the policies of the WTS, these articles are like salt on an open wound.

The WTS has proven to be as deceitful as Satan himself because it has truly disguised itself as an 'angel of light' (2 Corinthians 11:14, 15). Though it accuses the Catholic Church of the same thing, the WTS has worn the disguise better because it has been so outspoken on the very subject it is guilty of - child abuse secrecy.

After reading the horrifying tragedies described in silentlambs.org and dirtclod.com, and comparing these cases to the articles quoted below, one could easily conclude that perhaps, Satan has finally designed the perfect lure for innocent, God-loving families: an organization that can truly shatter all faith in God and religion.

After examining www.silentlambs.org and www.dirtclod.com consider the following article links and their quotes shown in italics. My comments are in red.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/8a/article_01.htm

" Assaults on children are often cloaked in secrecy, so much so that they have been called perhaps the most unreported of crimes. Even so, such crimes have evidently spiraled upward in recent decades."...

How ironic that the WTS is hiding over 20,000 child abuses cases within their organization.

..."In various countries disturbing reports have surfaced about religious cults that abuse children with sadistic sexual practices and torture. Often, those who report that they were victims of such crimes are treated with incredulity, not compassion"

Silentlambs serves as a witness to the compassion shown by the WTS.

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/8a/article_02.htm

"After using children to satisfy perverted lusts, after robbing them of their security and their sense of innocence, child molesters still want something else from their victims;SILENCE. To secure that silence, they use shame, secrecy, even outright terror. Children are thus robbed of their best weapon against abuse;the will to tell, to speak up and ask an adult for protection."

"Tragically, adult society often unwittingly collaborates with child abusers. How so? By refusing to be aware of this danger, by fostering a hush-hush attitude about it, by believing oft-repeated myths. Ignorance, misinformation, and silence give safe haven to abusers, not their victims."

"For example, the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops concluded recently that it was a "general conspiracy of silence" that allowed gross child abuse to persist among the Catholic clergy for decades. Time magazine, in reporting on the widespread plague of incest, also cited a "conspiracy of silence" as a factor that "only helps perpetuate the tragedy" in families."

Here we can see the 'angel of light' at work, using misdirection to hide it's own sins.

"However, Time noted that this conspiracy is crumbling at last. Why? In a word, education. It is as Asiaweek magazine put it: "All experts agree that the best defence against child abuse is public awareness." To defend their children, parents must understand the realities of the threat. Don't be left in the dark by misconceptions that protect child abusers and not children."

If the Society doesn't want to leave it's readers in the dark, why doesn't it mention the work of William Bowen?

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/8a/article_03.htm

"Similarly the Christian congregation today enforces strong laws against all forms of sexual abuse. Anyone who sexually abuses a child risks being disfellowshipped, put out of the congregation."...

..."However, The Globe and Mail of Toronto notes: "In 80 per cent of cases, one or more sectors of the community (including friends or colleagues of the offender, families of victims, other children, some victims) denied or minimized the abuse." Not surprisingly, "the report suggests that denial and disbelief allow abuse to continue."...

..."Remember, though, that abusers work in secrecy, they take advantage of trust, and they use adult tactics on innocent children. Inevitably, then, some of them do seem to get away with their disgusting crimes."

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1993/10/8a/diagram_02.htm

Some legal experts advise reporting the abuse to the authorities as soon as possible. In some lands the legal system may require this. But in other places the legal system may offer little hope of successful prosecution.

Some legals experts? Do you know of any legal expert that would not recommend contacting the authorities in the event of child abuse? Though some lands may or may not require it, does that mean that the WTS should not report it? Isn't it still a crime in all countries? Considering the article is about protecting children, where in this article do you see the phrase CALL THE POLICE?

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1997/1/1/article_01.htm

"What if a baptized adult Christian sexually molests a child? Is the sinner so wicked that Jehovah will never forgive him? Not necessarily so. Jesus said that 'blasphemy against the holy spirit' was unforgivable. And Paul said that there is no sacrifice for sins left for one who practices sin willfully despite knowing the truth. (Luke 12:10; Hebrews 10:26, 27) But nowhere does the Bible say that an adult Christian who sexually abuses a child - whether incestuously or otherwise - cannot be forgiven. Indeed, his sins can be washed clean if he repents sincerely from the heart and turns his conduct around. However, he may still have to struggle with the wrong fleshly impulses he cultivated. (Ephesians 1:7) And there may be consequences that he cannot avoid."

"Depending on the law of the land where he lives, the molester may well have to serve a prison term or face other sanctions from the State. The congregation will not protect him from this. Moreover, the man has revealed a serious weakness that henceforth will have to be taken into account. If he seems to be repentant, he will be encouraged to make spiritual progress, share in the field service, even have parts in the Theocratic Ministry School and nonteaching parts in the Service Meeting."

So this means that once a pervert repents, he is still able to go out and lure more of the public into the KH, where he can be further tempted. This doesn't sound like a strong policy to child abuse at all, it's disgusting and insulting. If a school teacher were convicted of rape and released after serving time, would you allow him to work at daycare center?

Thanks to all of you for reading this lengthy but serious post.

• reporter
    reporter

When you listen to J.R. Brown's (WTS spin-doctor) comments on the Society's position on child molestation, you could swear that the serpent himself was talking to you...

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

Reporter:

I thought the same thing when I saw that video clip. It's easy for guys like to lie when they don't have children of their own.

• Catren
    Catren

Oh, the vicious and cruel irony lying covertly in their deceit. Talk about manipulative!! The WTBTS twists things so drastically, yet at the same time manages to be so subtle in the way they lead their poor, helpless victims into their sticky spiderwebs, so that they can snare them before they even know what's happening to them. No wonder Jehovah's Witnesses are so hard to reason with. Their minds are treated like pretzels. How can they be truly rational when their minds are so played with? I bet the people who write these disgusting mind numbing, mind paralyzing Watchtower articles sneer and smirk at the rank and file behind their closed doors. Do they have to stifle their snickering and chorteling, too? Sick.

• Catren
    Catren

GENERAL characteristics and traits of.....

Pedophiles....."Are primarily (but not always) male, masculine, better-educated, more religious than average, in their thirties, and choose jobs allowing them greater access to children".

....."Are usually family men, have no criminal record, and deny that they abuse children, even after caught, convicted, incarcerated, and court-ordered into a sex offender program. The marriage is often troubled by sexual dysfunction, and serves as a smokescreen for the pedophile's true preferences and practices".

*** "Celibacy isn't the reason priests prey on children. Sexual attraction to children, and sexual gratification from children, are the reasons."

From 'Profile Of A Pedophile', by Mental Health Professional and Social Worker Tammy Ruggles. Complete article available on Mental-Health-Matters.com. http://www.mental-health-matters.com/articles/article.php?artID=273

• Special K
    Special K

Good work.. posting all this researching that you are doing

I just get sooooooooo angry....

although I feel my own children are safe because I took them out of this religion...

I fear for the safety of my young nieces and nephews who are being taught to trust this organization and all these so called "brothers" and "sister".. . soooooo frustrating.

Special K

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I fear for the safety of my young nieces and nephews who are being taught to trust this organization and all these so called "brothers" and "sister".. . soooooo frustrating.

I know what you mean, and I have been totally shocked and disgusted at the revelations that have come out . . However, we have to keep a sense of proportion . it would be factually wrong to view every witness male as a pervert or potential one . All but one of all the "Brothers" that I knew and worked with over 40 years were regular family men who would be abhorred at the idea of child abuse

I do not mean to minimise it , just recognize that the individual dubs are , for the most part ordinary decent, albeit blinkered and mislead, folk.

it is sadly possible to encounter perverts in all walks of life and other religions too

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It makes me absolutley sick -- the problem is I just can not read a Watchtower or Awake magazine now with an open mind - I am alwys thinking "What lies am I being told now?"

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

The WTS has fulfilled it's role as Christ's mouthpiece. They will always portray themselves as the ones responsible for enlightening the world of the wrong in others while ignoring their own. They live in denial which they embrace as a part of their spiritualty.

I used to become so frustrated at Watchtower articles that addressed the reaction to wrongdoing by the victim. If someone was wronged, the article would address the reaction from the recipient and not the one doing the harm. They would condescendingly remark about how sad it would be for someone to not associate anymore because of the incident. A spiritual assessment would be made of the one who would leave the organization or become 'spiritually weak' because of the incident. The offender is never discussed and can continue in his view of himself because he is loyal to the routine of being a witness. I remember an elder calling it the 'mechanics' of being a witness. It's this kind of history and delusion that enables the continued mediocrity that exists in this organization. The present position the organization takes on these matters, since the last time I associated, is to call everything a 'perceived injustice'. They are true to their history; they deny any wrongdoing on their part.

The closest they come to admitting anything is to say that Jehovah will repay. A Circuit Overseer told me that. I asked him if Jehovah wanted me to worship him, carrying the hope of the demise of these so-called 'spiritually mature' individuals. He mentioned that everyone is imperfect. I mentioned that I was aware of how the organization has tried to equalize all scenarios in that way; by putting all in the same level. If I had ever hurt anyone, I never hesitated to apologize and sincerely made ammends. The so-called 'spiritually mature' hide behind the scriptures and use their field service records as proof of their close relationship with Jehovah. What a bunch of frauds. The Israelite history is similar. They believed that they were the only true religion and they were right. When they started drifting from true worship, they still believed that they were Jehovah's chosen people. They never betrayed their faith because they always believed that Jehovah was with them. Sound familiar?

They hide behind the 'imperfection' excuse and that epitomizes their spirituality. Elders should put the millstone around their necks now, and start thinking about how they will negotiate with Jehovah. Thinking of all the reasons why Jehovah wouldn't want them to throw themselves off the bridge. Do they really serve anyone by avoiding accountability?

The only people I have ever had trouble with in this organization are the so-called 'spirtually mature'. It doesn't make any sense to me. All those meetings that they attend, all those prayers, all those hours in field service and they still don't get it. They make the 'truth' all about them, and the organization just continues to feed that delusion. I know a well-respected elder that 'prays' off any wrongdoing by himself or his family. He's a model because he imitates the organization. He knows what Jehovah wants from all of us. I wonder if Jehovah listens to any of these people's prayers. My skepticism comes from one of their articles I just read recently.

Forgive me for getting off subject. I just wanted to comment on their arrogance.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

and you expected what ????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit