When the dam wall busts.

by stuckinarut2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Bumped for the new ones and lurkers....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    joe134cd:
    There has to be some external factor that sets things going in the first place. For me it was a question that I was unable to find an answer for in the societies publications despite extensive research. Out of shear frustration I punched the question into Google and with in a click of the mouse up came jwfacts and 6 months later I walked out of the Hall for good.

My experience was very similar. Many things just were not right, but I was told to "keep waiting on Jehovah" or that such things were trivial. They weren't trivial to me, and I became a search engine junkie for research into public talks and daily life things. One day, I just had to Google "Jehovah's Witnesses" and decided to go to ALL the links no matter what they were.

It was like that dam wall bursting for me too.

Funny, I was never burned, disciplined, reproved, restricted. It seems to take some of that for many to take a look.

• Chook
    Chook

Dumb ass me didn't get out of waters way until the dam was

leaking everywhere , but to be truthful I think in next 5 years JWs will see ALL the leaks ,there will be internal turmoil. They ( the elders) won't have time to deal with apostates due to internal problems. It's called Karma or reaping what you've sown.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Things started nagging at me when the online WT library went online. Being naturally studious it didnt take me long to notice that the online archives only go back so far. Cant blame server issues or lack of server space because they rake in £millions a month.

Fortunately i kept my CD Rom from way back when the internet was still a design of satan.

Then the silver bible comes out and i notice that certain scriptures have been removed entirely, some reworded to fit their beliefs. And when i was in, for the life of me, i could never explain why only the NWT renders Philippians 2:5-6 as the complete opposite as every other bible out there...

KJV:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

NRSV: Let the same mind be in you that was[a] in Christ Jesus,6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be exploited

NWT: Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,+ 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form,+ gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.+

So my searches bring me to flip-flops in teachings rather than "clearer understanding" or "new light". From then on i had to hit the reset button in my beliefs and go back to the beginning to see what evidence we actually have that God even exists, if he does is he/she/it Jehovah and even then is the WT Org the correct organization???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit