07 21 2019 Blondie's First Thoughts (Study WT May 2019 pages 14-19) COMFORT FOR ABUSE VICTIMS?

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

ThinkerBelle, I used to think the WTS was doing the "right" thing, until I personally experienced the WTS process. The elders were not supportive and even the WTS representative from NYC would not even talk to our family, not even the victim.

It was eye-opening, but I still functioned with the thinking that is was a local problem. A few more experiences like that with the elder body, made me finally leave.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yet again the JW Org demonstrates that they have no love or empathy, and no necessary knowledge or skills for dealing with such a difficult problem as bringing comfort and relief to the poor victims of abuse.

This is an area for expert help, and there seems to be no mention of this in the Article ? ( I have only read Blondie's comments, not the actual Article, I don't want to vomit, so won't read it )

This is SERIOUS , many victims of all types of Abuse, end up with suicidal depression, their lives are at risk !!

The JW Org "advice" is totally, or more accurately criminally, inadequate, and seems simply designed to convince the average JW that the Org cares, which it does not, only about $$$.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "Encourage victims of abuse to come forward so that a Judicial Committee can be formed is my first thoughts when I read the article."

Meaning, you got the impression that the bOrg is encouraging victims to come forward?

Or that they want to give the impression that they're encouraging victims to come forward, whilst (in reality) subtly implying that they don't really need to, and/or that victims should want to keep matters "in-house"?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Vidiot, IMHO encouraging them to come forward tothe elders would be a CYA move. The elders could then infer , but of course not use the words, to let Jehovah take care of it, to "heal yourself" by forgiveness and going forward with your life instead of reporting to the authotities and all the life /time/emotional difficulties that go along with that. It IS hard emotionally to procecute, but that is not the objective here as we know. To convince the victim, and the victims family, to let the elders and the WT handle the problems and "punish" the offender accordingly would reduce the chances of those higher numbers coming out to the authorities.

Of course, they will have some people who will go to the authroities, and then the WT can say "look, see that we have been doing this". But many victims/families will get the strong inferring that it is 'more spiritual and trusting" to allow the elders and the orgainzation/Jehovah take care of it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

60 some years ago there was a scandal in the local hall. The comment by one servants (title then) was who could blame the sons of one of the prominent brothers for stealing a feel.

Being the dirty old man I am, I envy David with his free and easy ways. Can I find an Abishag for myself? (please note this is sarcasm) A workmate mentioned what a terrible deal the pretty young girl got.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ nonjwspouse...

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Betcha the problem's so big that it doesn't work in the long run, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit