Remember 1992?

by Tobyjones262 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

The 25 year span between 1970 and 1995 were the heydays of the JW.

The generation teaching was coming to a head and all the signs of the end were being fulfilled !!!

I graduated high school in 1980 so the JW heydays were perfectly timed to

thoroughly screw with my young head and life.

Thanks Watchtower

• steve2
    steve2

And when Reagan and Gorbachev signed the arms race control deal in 1987, JWs were exclaiming “Peace and security! The time is at hand!”

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The Berlin Wall came down in 1989, I remember it because we left the JWs that year. There was a lot of talk of peace and security, the words were splashed across newspapers. We thought it was odd that nobody in our congregation was interested. Too busy fighting among themselves and the elders stepping on heads.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

1992? How about 2001? I thought for sure that with 9/11, we were right there. That was over 17 years ago...already.

• naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

I remember my parents telling me I would never get out of primary school before the end came in the 90s.

Well I graduated primary school, high school, university and am going back for more. Later, suckers!

• DNCall
    DNCall

In 1995 it became clear that they were making it up as they went along. Up till that time I believed they had a shot.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It was round about 1993 when I decided I had had enough ,they are no more inspired than the Mormons or the SDA`s or anybody else.

And that`s the year I agreed that the JW`s did in fact get one thing and only one thing right and that was :

"Religion is a snare and a racket"

Another quote i agree with is :

"Religion is the Opium of the people " from a commie.

• fedup
    fedup

1995 I stepped down as an elder, faded shortly after and never looked back....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TOBYJONES:

As others have mentioned, 1995 was the year that did it for me with that changed teaching on Generation and they were backing away from the 1914 thing which was a central teaching, IMO... I felt sucker punched and it seemed to me everyone was being had.

I knew it was over and I planned my ‘fade’. I think the religion lost many people several years after this when the reality of the situation became something people couldn’t deny in their minds. I was one of those people.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

LHG, me also. My awakening was a long journey. I started to question big in the 80s. then the 90s seemed to be that they may be right. Then it was a pull back. The change in Generation was a complete cop out to me and that is when I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit