The Emerging 'Schizophrenic' Witness

by metatron 26 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I have a 'loyal' Witness relative suffering various Watchtower-related trials, who, I believe, represents an emerging

new form of Jehovah's Witness. She seems to have a sort of 'spiritual schizophrenia'. ( note: I know I'm using that word

in common parlance, not a precise technical meaning)

It works like this: She still refers to the 'truth' and peppers her conversations with 'Jehovah' this and that.

However, she rants on about utterly corrupt and uncaring elders and how unloving the organization has become.

The whole subject of Witness kids REALLY gets her going, with comments about how "they are seeking what they

can't find in the organization" ( compassion) and leaving en masse. She also knows that "Witness kids are becoming

worse than in the world" and is regularily accosted with the evidence that many adult Witnesses hate each other,

especially when taking sides in lengthy divorce battles.

She has often pioneered ( regular and aux) but can't now due to health reasons. She "came in the truth" after a typical

repentance from a life of sex, drugs, spiritism and alcohol.

She realizes that the religion she enthusiastically joined decades ago has disappeared

amidst rules, indifference and the reign of Pharisees - but she can't think about leaving.

Add the experience of Brother P. to this mix, a sincere elder I know

He laments in frequent astonishment over how superficial - and imaginary - Witness righteousness is,

especially among the young.

It seems a congregation he knows had a wonderful blessing of 6 young people all pioneering together

................ until it was discovered that they were having sex with each other and counting time.

He also notes how vicious and dishonest Witnesses are manifesting themselves to be when marriages

fall apart. He too, in his sincerity, still clings to this fading religion. Maybe he can't survive without it.

Both of these good people are headed for a trail of tears their dying faith won't let them avoid.

The cold , indifferent Theocrats won't ever free their slaves ... or give them genuine comfort.

They recently have been talking about love at assemblies and Circuit Overseer visits.

Since the words are not accompanied with action, the sheep stand to be fleeced, once again.

metatron

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes I wonder if the organization is up for another mass-purge... like after the 1914 failure.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    seems a congregation he knows had a wonderful blessing of 6 young people all pioneering together

................ until it was discovered that they were having sex with each other and counting time

Englishman

• metatron
    metatron

I hope they would attempt a purge because it would hasten their end.

My greatest fear is that they follow an accepted business model of a "senescent brand".

Like Burma Shave or Gillette replaceable razors, the brand continues without much advertising or enthusiasm.

No one invests much in it, but because it makes a small profit, it's continued until all of the public drift away.

Take a look at the Society's cheap paperback books.

Look at their dropping of subscriptions and assembly food service and downsizing Bethel.

Look at their move to the Paterson "Country Club"

It looks very much like a fading brand name strategy.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

What do you mean, "the EMERGING"" Schizo Witness. My friend, just about all Witnesses are like that and have been for quite some time. This is not a new phenomena.

• unique1
    unique1

My mom is the same way, she talks about all the corruption she sees in the hall, all the politics and divisions, but she keeps saying we can't stop loving Jehovah because some humans ruin the experience. She will never leave. I don't get it either.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I don't really think this is anything new. I knew quite a few JW's over the years who would pour out their tales of woe about all the things they didn't like about the organization, the congregation, the elders, etc. if you just got them a bit relaxed and there were no elders around. I even heard about sex clubs among teens in some congregations (though I'm offended that no one ever invited me to join one - then again, I was such a straight arrow that I wouldn't have joined, and might have turned them in).

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if they are being even more open about their complaints now that the Watchtower's evils are being exposed more and more to the public.

• metatron
    metatron

I see your point, minimus.

Most of a half century ago, old timers would lament about things in private. What threatens the Theocrats now is a combination

of the internet and the almost universal loss of young Witnesses. Initially, parents just blame the Devil but after a while

it really takes the wind out of their sails. I knew a brother who was very strict and nearly fanatical. He changed a lot

after all his kids drifted away.

Another factor at work is the compromise of disfellowshipping. Many Witnesses who need a 'new mate' look at it

as a 'procedure' they have to go thru for a year or two. In addition, I doubt the Society has ever faced so many

former Witnesses who are openly defiant and contemptuous of them - as well as many who are successful

in life, eroding the image of the 'prodigal son' who returns in repentant desperation. The Theocrats, who lust to

punish people, are finding themselves frustrated by more folks who escape their clutches and give them the

'finger'! ( maybe literally!). Eventual collapse? maybe not, but they can't prevent becoming irrelevant.

metatron

• willyloman
    willyloman

Met: Nice wordsmithing....

She realizes that the religion she enthusiastically joined decades ago has disappeared

amidst rules, indifference and the reign of Pharisees

• LDH
    LDH
    Like Burma Shave or Gillette replaceable razors, the brand continues without much advertising or enthusiasm.

LOL! And just like those two brands which are for old farts (sorry old farts who use these!), the WBTS is an old fart religion.

There is NOTHING refreshing about it.

You know Met, it reminds me of that movie that starred Brad Pitt. I think it was called Midnight Run. Where the prisoners spent hours mindlessly walking in circles. Remember when he walked in the opposite direction, how upset some were?

Lisa

Dapper Dan Man Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit