I want to understand violence

by Chook 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Tell me your thoughts ?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well since last week I have stopped eating meat, because, well I learnt with more detailed descriptions how many of the animals I ate were slaughtered.

Perhaps all forms of physical existence require a degree of violence?

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Chook…

Violence is just a part of life. A part of life as, love, hate, emotions, feelings, sex, eating, and sleeping. You can see violence in almost every creature. Creatures like viruses living on cells, snakes eating mouse, insects sucking blood they need to lay their eggs in. Mammals hunting other mammals. When it comes to humans, violence is not only a food and digestions matter. It is a part of dominating other humans specially the females. Even among monkeys, apes and some other mammals, it is important, for especially male to foresee, that his DNA passes on to new generations. They could kill any other male that challenge their status, and this has been done in the whole world ever since life begun millions of years ago. In fact some hormones (testosterone, adrenaline, nor-adrenaline) in your and my body trigger violence from us just to protect ourselves from being the victim of other creature’s violent behavior. So violence is a selves going clock (a perpetum mobile).

I my selves has a small sheep farm, and I know that when a wolf pack comes along, they will start having fun whit my sheep’s. That is to kill as many of them they can without eating anything. This till they notice that I have entered the field with a shotgun. Then they disappear quickly to my neighbors sheep fields……

I myself don’t eat sheep meat. But I can do with a small piece of salmon….

• cofty
    cofty

What is more remarkable is the massive decrease in violence in the west in recent centuries. Stephen Pinker discusses the evidence in his excellent book "The Better Angels of our Nature".

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Hmm...there is a story about some guy named satan, but I'm not sure if that is what you want to hear...

• Onager
    Onager

Violence is easy. It's the fast food of conflict resolution. It's quick, it's readily available and it gets the job done.

It's also dirty, bad for you and often causes more problems than it solves.

Just like a cheeseburger...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The universe is indifferent. There is no good and evil forces, just people making choices. Most violence in this world stems from fear and hate which these days is often fueled by religion.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Climb into a boxing ring and take on the current world heavyweight champion

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    I want to see violent people properly punished when the law has been broken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit