Another enlightening reason why I don't go to meetings

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh yep! I've heard all of those, including "he must be ashamed for some sin" and "he just wants to pursue worldly materialism "

For all who have had such things like that said, be reassured that EXACTLY the same sorts of comments are said by ones who leave other faiths such as Mormons, Fundamentalist Christians and Muslims etc....

It is standard "high control cult speak 101"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Guilty conscience. Ah yes, that'll be it. It couldn't possibly be because the religion isn't true!

Remember when we were told that people stop attending and become inactive because of some secret sin?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When my father asked me why we didn't attend anymore, I replied:

"well Dad, I thank you for raising me to value the qualities of Truth and Honesty. It's for this reason that I can no longer attend meetings. Truth and Honesty is not present there."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A relative of mine rang to see how I was (for a change). They were more interested in guilt tripping me back to meetings™ after I had totally woken up.

"We need to get you back to meetings™." That's all I recall from the conversation, apart from the infuriating, "What would your Dad think, if he were still alive?"

I just sighed. They just won't get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit