Another enlightening reason why I don't go to meetings

by joe134cd 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was informed by my JW father tonight that the reason I don't go to meetings is because "of a guilty conscious". I just done an eye roll and walked away. I just can't make this stuff up.

• tiki
    tiki

Or the angels are barring you from entering...to protect the purity of the congregation.....you scoundrel.......

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I've heard that one before too. And recently it's because of my hormones. Lol

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

A better approach by him would be to simply ask you why you don't go. Nice to have an old fashioned father/son chat, without any presumptiousness or judging.....Putting JW stuff aside, he could try and see your perspective on things....and agree to differ .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I was told that I was 'spiritually weak™'. What a stupid expression!

I just done an eye roll and walked away. I just can't make this stuff up.

There is no other response possible without getting into pointless circular arguments.

Jobots simply do not want to face the fact that one doesn't go to their cult show for some logical reason.....a reason they're afraid to contemplate for fear they'll leave too.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I love when Elders or the WT state that - "god will not let anyone totter", or that "god will not let anyone be tempted beyond what they can stand."

If that were true, people would not leave the Org, or stop going to meetings, or get DF'ed...

So you would not ever need to have a "guilty conscience, or your hormones get the best of you, and you would never get "spiritually weak."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I would respond, "the only thing I feel guilty about is spending way too long listening and following WT bulls*it."

Let them believe what they want, they are stuck in a cult. YOU ARE FREE!!!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I was informed by my JW father tonight that the reason I don't go to meetings is because "of a guilty conscious". I just done an eye roll and walked away. I just can't make this stuff up.

Interesting. That's the same reason they gave me for my depression. They wanted me to confess to something as antidepressant.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

If that were said to me, I would have said, "I suppose that's an easier reason for your mind to digest than the actual truth of why I no longer attend."

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

After hanging my head low for years in the cult, feeling that I was soooo unworthy of anything, when I woke up to their gig and snake oil, I made a deal with my conscience: I won't bother it and it doesn't bother me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit