Theism is a Fact #1

by cofty 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Nope sorry I got nothing.

Wouldn't it be really interesting though if somewhere there was a theist who could challenge unbelievers with facts and evidence?

• sir82
    sir82

I personally do not understand how evolution works, so I don't believe it works, therefore God.

How about that?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Theism as a multi billion dollar industry with an invisible product to sell to the masses exists - sadly.

• cofty
    cofty

Well played sir - The argument from personal incredulity goes straight in at first place!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Some charismatic fellow thumping a bible and telling me about reward and punishment said so.

So my fear of dying by divine punishment and not getting the reward for the righteous is proof of god.

Fact 1!

Praise dionysus

• cofty
    cofty

Heaven and Hell - outstanding!

"Believe it or burn"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I fear, therefore god
  • Divergent
    Divergent

I saw an image of Jesus on my toast...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    @divergent - that's not Jesus it's an alien.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

Theism IS a fact!

Note Google's definition of the word:

belief in the existence of a god or gods, especially belief in one god as creator of the universe, intervening in it and sustaining a personal relation to his creatures.

Is it not a fact, Cofty, that there exists the belief in the existence of a god or gods? Therefore theism is a fact. It is a fact that people believe in the existence of god(s)

However, as for the actual existence of god(s) - That's not a fact, only a belief, and an unfounded one at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit