What do you think will be different in the Organization after the pandemic is over?

by ExCircuitOverseer 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    john.prestor - "I don't think there will be a mass exodus..."

There's more than one kind of exodus.

As far as I'm concerned, we are the exodus.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "...They said they were been used to build halls in Africa where people don’t have access to JWdot borg on the internet..."

You mean like this?

Bitch, please (not directed at you, joe).

This isn't much more than dialed-up gazebo built with local materials and elbow grease.

There is no fucking way a quarter-mil from a KH sale in the US or UK was needed to build this.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I think when people return to the Kingdom Halls there will be even more video talks and programs from HQ to all Congregations .

They are going to use those newly constructed video production facilities to their fullest.

It will movie time at the Kingdom Halls every Thursday night.

Oh boy I cant wait .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The ‘announcement’ that JWs could preach by writing letters came out in September at the beginning of the ‘2021 Service Year’, so those figures weren’t included in the stats for 2020. So don’t be surprised if the 2021 report actually indicates an ‘increase’ of around 3%, which would only indicate their typical low growth since their pre-2020 figures because JW statistics are geared toward inflating growth rates.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Quote:

It will movie time at the Kingdom Halls every Thursday night.

Oh boy I cant wait

Popcorn?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Vidiot, you know that is the deluxe model, right?

They paid extra for the glass windows and the extra support poles up front.

That's probably worth an extra $50,000!

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Ohhh...that's a good one. Let's see....there is no biblical justification about all those Kingdom Halls...we are gonna use the Assembly Halls instead...like you know, megachurches. Meet over there once a month beside regular assemblies, of course. And preaching? Do it a couple of times a year, in special campaigns. Simplification, simplification.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Strange Days ahead, to be sure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - "...But they are also going to lose the level of control they can exude on the rank and file..."

100% agree.

Rhetoric and propaganda only go so far in maintaining internal cohesion and discipline...

...actual, tangible group-oriented activities such as regular in-person meetings and the door-to-door work - regardless of how tiresome or unpleasant they may be - serve as the most effective tools for sustaining that.

I even remember an elder who, for all intents and purposes, spelled that out for me when I was a kid.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MIKE FLOOD & VIDIOT:

I also said the same thing last year when they were selling off halls:..they will need to end up having a few meetings a year in some large assembly hall or arena.

I don’t see how they can maintain the control they wish if they do not meet face to face at some point..So, therefore, they MUST have in-person meetings periodically.

I think it’s absurd and comical to imagine somebody can exercise control huffing and puffing over zoom meetings. This is not going to cut it, as far as I am concerned.

It’s interesting to sit back and watch as observers what is happening in the religion - and SO happy we are not there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit