What do you think will be different in the Organization after the pandemic is over?

by ExCircuitOverseer 40 Replies latest jw friends

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I know that more than half of my jw family has woken up or is in the process of waking up. And I have a HUGH FAMILY of jws. Brothers, sisters, step brothers and step sisters, all their children, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts, etc.

Heck, a lot of the young kids are already planning on going to trade school full time and ditching all Kingdom Hall activities. I've been getting lots of calls for advice on this.

Even the OLD ones who are still strong believers have already said they are never going back to doing door to door work. They have said that if the door to door work was so important to Jehovah, ---He would have never allowed it to be stopped for over a year. That being said, they don't believe the door to door work is a requirement anymore, regardless of what the elders say.

Don't know about other Countries, but in the USA, I think this is the case for most jws under 50 years of age.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    They have said that if the door to door work was so important to Jehovah, ---He would have never allowed it to be stopped for over a year.

Undeniable logic.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They have said that if the door to door work was so important to Jehovah, ---He would have never allowed it to be stopped for over a year.

It will be "spun" that it was Divine Direction that the D2D work be "phased out" (just as the Paper & Ink printing has been phased out) because it's too dangerous, or it's not productive because everyone must work in this shitty old world, so no one is at home. HOW MUCH BETTER it is to greet people while doing Cart Witnessing!! Yes! It's just like the apostles in the 1st Century who witnessed in the marketplaces because that is where the people were and where they are today!

This will also get them beyond the privacy law issues in Europe and elsewhere.

I don't think D2D was really bringing in any recruits. It was all about "busy work" for the R&F JW. Now they'll just have to concentrate on carts, letter writing, phone witnessing, etc.

It's always been about COUNTING TIME -- NOT making time count.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I can't help but wonder just how conflicted the WT leadership feels about all this.

So much in recent years has suggested that they wanted to move the ministry away from door-to-door work, transition to an "e-church", and prune out all the "lukewarm" to bring the membership down to a more manageable size...

...but...

...the Org's long-standing - nay, defining - characteristics of door-knocking, disdain towards anything resembling the methods of "worldy" religions, and practically baked-in rhetoric of "growth=God's blessing" practically fly in the face of all that.

Gotta be tough for the poor bastards.

Vidiot

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

As others have said on this thread , I can see a good portion of people dropping out of the cult caustically influenced no doubt by these social restrictions.

The WTS heads (GB) are still going to use this virus problem (plague) to support that mankind is living in the last days, that you can count on.

Manipulative bullshitters that they are.

The JWS cult will eventfully grow back once their brainwashed idiots hit the streets and so on.

• Steel
    Steel

It think the WTS have played the pandemic quite well. They didn't act like a bunch of selfish and crazy assholes like the evangelicals.

Sadly I think they will get a ton of recruits when this is over.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfCHange - "It will be 'spun' that it was Divine Direction that the D2D work be 'phased out' (just as the Paper & Ink printing has been phased out) because it's too dangerous, or it's not productive because everyone must work in this shitty old world, so no one is at home. HOW MUCH BETTER it is to greet people while doing Cart Witnessing!! Yes! It's just like the apostles in the 1st Century who witnessed in the marketplaces because that is where the people were and where they are today!..."

Hmm. Hard to argue with, I gotta admit.

(What a "loving provision" from the Faithful and Discreet Slave...)

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

How many times will you hear from JWS on the streets say .....

" Do you know that this pandemic was foretold and prophesied in the bible ? "

Ignorant delusional propagation will continue on via JWorg.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Steel - "It think the WTS have played the pandemic quite well. They didn't act like a bunch of selfish and crazy assholes like the evangelicals..."

Agreed.

Don't forget, though, they played ball because it almost certainly fitted with their overall agenda... altruism was not a factor.

Rather, non-compliance might've put their "charity" status in jeopardy, and I've long suspected that the Org's business model is still hopelessly dependent on its tax-exemption*.

Don't kid yourself, BTW.

They have way more in common with selfish, crazy evangelical assholes than you might think.

They're just better at hiding it.

*They caved on the Australian redress scheme at the last minute, when it became painfully clear that their tax-exemption Down Under was approaching the chopping block, after all.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

DesirousOfCHange - "It will be 'spun' that it was Divine Direction that the D2D work be 'phased out' (just as the Paper & Ink printing has been phased out) because it's too dangerous, or it's not productive

I disagree and this is why?

The JWs of 2021 are NOT THE SAME as the jws of the 60s-70s, 80s,

Because in the 90s something unique happened

The jws of the 60s-80s had no choice but to accept whatever change the WT announced as new light. There was nowhere to go. As they used to say;

WHERE ELSE WILL WE GO?

But today it's very hard to spin anything in the Watchtower religion.

Because literally THOUSANDS OF JWS are hitting the INTERNET FOR ANSWERS.

And they are finding out that it's just some old men behind the curtain.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/web/a20104417/www-public-domain/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit