How to respond when JW's invite you to the memorial

by krismalone 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

"Hey thanks so much for the invitation! Wonderful! Yes, I'll definitely be there. In harmony with Christ's invisible presence since 1914, I'll be invisibly present."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome replies!!

I would LOVE to use number 4 from the opening post!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"The memorial is all about recognition of how sinful we are as humans and how we need Jesus sacrifice to pay back our debt right? So, considering how much guilt the society and GB have accumulated, will his sacrifice cover it all ok?

Then stand back and watch their faces go red with anger.

• blondie
    blondie

The time of Jesus' arrival has been adjusted since 2013. No longer 1914 but when the great tribulation comes.

16 When does Jesus arrive? The answer is found in the context. Remember that when the preceding verses speak of Jesus as “coming,” the word refers to the time when he comes to pronounce and execute judgment at the end of this system.* (Matt. 24:30, 42, 44) Hence, Jesus’ “arriving,” or “coming,” mentioned in the illustration of the faithful slave takes place during the great tribulation.

w13 7/15 pp. 20-25

• “Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've never understood the rationale for not partaking of the emblems. If people got together beforehand and decided to partake of the emblems, it would send a message to the hierarchy. It's another doctrine that is arbitrarily interpreted without an ounce of inspiration. Thus, in 1 Corinthians 11, Paul states:

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. (Verses 23-28)

Is there is anything in that scripture to indicate that this only applies to the anointed, the "faithful and discreet slave"?

But earlier in the same chapter, we read:

For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man...neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. Which in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. (Verses 8-17)

If we apply the same scriptural exegesis to this scripture as we do the one before, then this, too, must apply only to the anointed. So if you're gay or if you're a male who wants to have long hair or a female who wants to have short hair, don't fret! The scripture only applies to the anointed class! Isn't that what the Governing Body has determined?

The GB says it does not receive revelation, not is it inspired. So how is it qualified to determine what a scripture means? We have two directions from an apostle, yet the GB declares that one scripture applies to the anointed class and the other doesn't.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

How about "Fuck Off"???

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I've never understood the rationale for not partaking of the emblems. If people got together beforehand and decided to partake of the emblems, it would send a message to the hierarchy. It's another doctrine that is arbitrarily interpreted without an ounce of inspiration. Thus, in 1 Corinthians 11, Paul states:

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. (Verses 23-28)

Is there is anything in that scripture to indicate that this only applies to the anointed, the "faithful and discreet slave"?

But earlier in the same chapter, we read:

For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man...neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. Which in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. (Verses 8-17)

If we apply the same scriptural exegesis to this scripture as we do the one before, then this, too, applies only to the anointed. So if you're gay or if you're a male who wants to have long hair or a female who wants to have short hair, don't fret! The scripture only applies to the anointed class! Isn't that what the Governing Body has determined?

The GB says it does not receive revelation, not is it inspired. So how is it qualified to determine what a scripture means?

We have two directions from an apostle, yet the GB declares that one scripture applies to the anointed class and the other doesn't.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit