Nelson Mandela...."No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion... People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love". Question, do you really believe our JW family members hate us?????
Why the vitriolic hate?
Because they want to nullify what Jesus said: "If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Mathew 5:46-48) Thus they want to identify themselves with "tax collectors."
Diosis - Punk, when we were young-'uns ( and we come from the same part of the world)
We do? You may have mentioned it and I've forgotten, as usual.
It is my concurrence that the Borg is becoming more and more cult-like, especially in the last 25 years.
100% agree. the more they ramp up the cult mind set, is the more the hate is fuelled.
I know of some seemingly dyed in the wool, long time jobos that say, "it isn't the same as it was in the old days. something's gone wrong....."
Yes. Filthy, disgusting narcissists like Ant Morris the 3rd have projected their own vile personality down through the ranks. That poor excuse for a man has the kind of face that only a fist full of knuckledusters would love.
I was researching the subject of "self esteem" for a paper im working on. The Wikipedia article is very enlightening: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-esteem
Give it a read if you have the time. In a nutshell, people with a healthy self esteem display the following characteristics... all of which is abhorrent to Watchtower:
- Firmly believe in certain values and principles, and are ready to defend them even when finding opposition, feeling secure enough to modify them in light of experience.
- Are able to act according to what they think to be the best choice, trusting their own judgment, and not feeling guilty when others do not like their choice.
- Do not lose time worrying excessively about what happened in the past, nor about what could happen in the future. They learn from the past and plan for the future, but live in the present intensely.
- Fully trust in their capacity to solve problems, not hesitating after failures and difficulties. They ask others for help when they need it.
- Consider themselves equal in dignity to others, rather than inferior or superior, while accepting differences in certain talents, personal prestige or financial standing.
- Understand how they are an interesting and valuable person for others, at least for those with whom they have a friendship.
- Resist manipulation, collaborate with others only if it seems appropriate and convenient.
- Admit and accept different internal feelings and drives, either positive or negative, revealing those drives to others only when they choose.
- Are able to enjoy a great variety of activities.
- Are sensitive to feelings and needs of others; respect generally accepted social rules, and claim no right or desire to prosper at others' expense.
- Can work toward finding solutions and voice discontent without belittling themselves or others when challenges arise.
Because JWs are worried about giving an answer to the taunt of Satan, they approach everything with worry, anxiety, fear, and that adds to the problem. This makes them negative in their perspective—especially towards those who left them whom they view as the henchmen of Satan.
"Henchmen"... that's good; I'd never seen that one used before.
Seriously though, I think it's important to remember that a significant number of JWs don't hate and fear "apostates" because they think they're wrong...
...they hate and fear "apostates" because they're afraid they're right.*
Basic Human Psychology 101; it's painfully obvious if you know to look for it
* The extremely vocal and vitriolic rejection of evolution by many loyal JWs is a very similar phenomenon.