What is it going to take for her to wake up? 2016 convention was the biggest display of B.I.T.E
So i went to the convention this past weekend. not, because i wanted to....but, because i had no choice.
i took myself and our son's out walking every chance i had, i made it so we missed the bunker video, the drama, the stupid dream squashing video with the violin.
but, while in there sitting. one of the speakers said this:
water is thicker than blood and then went on to talk about how your dedication to the borg is more important than your family.
i just got up and walked out. I am so done with this B.S!! she is never going to wake up. I really don't know what going to happen to our marriage.
She drank every bit up like cool-aid!!!!!!!!
I hear your frustrations....but trust me, a person with a few brain cells will eventually wake up and see it....
I feel your pain and frustration.
II wish you had recorded it. Turn your frustration into an intense desire to undermine the power of the cult. Words like the ones you quoted need to be out in the court of public opinion.
Blood is 6 times thicker> What kind of crap are they teaching..Well they have redefined
what a generation is, so now they are redefining the metric system.
So now you will have an 8 year old in school standing before their classmate, water is
thicker than blood and I know this because Jehovah said so.
- Hand her a bible ask her to take you to the place where Jesus explained overlapping generations or makes any reference to the fact that a generation was longer than a generation of the time which is clearly outlined at the beginning of Matthew. Give you a hint its about 48 years.
- Ask her to open up Acts 15. The go to chapter to support the governing body. Ask if this was the first century gb then why were the Pharisees speaking. Why did they have a voice.
- In that same chapter ask how it is that the governing body operated there while Paul who was in Antioch at the time of this chapter hadn't been to Jerusalem in years. James too had to travel there.
- In that same chapter, Acts 15 again ask how it is that the murmurers that were clamoring for Gentiles to get circumcised came from the land of Judea where Jerusalem (where the gb supposedly operated) was centered. Could it be the apostles who certainly wouldn't have been summoned by the gb but rather would have led it could have been going to Jerusalem/Judea to correct the problem? If yes then there is no such thing as a governing body.
- If Matthew 24:36 indicates that no one knows the day or the hour, not even the son, then how is it that the organization said that Jehovah's day would culminate in 1914 - The time is at Hand p. 101 (1907). Why would Jehovah direct his channel to lie to his sheep?
There are just so many things. You don't need an apostate site or what they might see as that. You need only common sense and the society's publications. The following video talks about some of these things...
Great job Hadriel!
I'll add one.......... why did Jesus wait until age thirty to get baptized?
Found in Luke 3:23, “When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph, the son Eli.” Jesus took up his ministry approximately around the age of thirty. Thirty is the age of spiritual maturity in scripture and in the Judaic culture of Jesus’ day, 30 was the age at which a man would be fully recognized as a rabbi. Thirty was the age at which the Levites entered into the work; the age when it was lawful for scribes to teach. Numbers 4:3 says, “From thirty years old and upward even until fifty years old, all that enter into the host, to do the work in the tabernacle of the congregation.” Jesus was following the law, as stated in Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.” Thirty is the age when the Jewish community felt like individuals were ripe for leadership. Most of the time the number 30 is mentioned, it is in reference with some significant event or responsibility.
Now we are not under Jewish law but isn't this a question about being old enough to understand the life long contract baptism represents? If the Society surports other things Jesus believed like the two witness rule why not baptism at thirty?
Tips cap back at Giordano.
Funny wife thinks I'm a genius when it comes to some of these points. I laugh tell her to come here and find another 1000 just like me or better. If you were ever really "in" the liklihood of doing intense obsessive research on the way "out" is very high.
I felt that way too. When I was told that I would have to give up my friends and family who are not witnesses, regardless how good people they are I said, "WHOA!!!!!!" Not gonna happen. I will not give up good people in my life whom I love to appease the Robots who left their brain at the door. Fuck that!
So I too, walked out of a meeting and I am not going back. It's funny (peculiar) how they make things seems so nice at first and then the veil is lifted. What irony!
I love everyone's posts to this issue.
Is this water thicker than blood thing on the Friday program? That would be interesting to hear. Sounds as if it is in connection to the Friday morning df daughter who's parents kick out of the house.???
She does not matter, only you matter. You can not be disfellowshipped or shunned or become an apostate, because these things only exist in their make believe world.