Child Abuse In This Weeks Meeting Part

by thedepressedsoul 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

The 2 special pioneers who came to my door just before the Memorial seemed absolutely clueless when I mentioned the ARC and went into full details about the hearing. One even asked is this something you read in the media, no I watched the entire hearing live on the Internet including Geoffrey Jackson lie repeatedly after taking an oath on the Bible to tell the truth. They just said they were sure it was apostate lies. I asked if they would look any of the information I gave them they would look up the answer was no they do not trust anything that comes from the internet. When I mentioned all the court cases they said those were apostate lies.

Grrrrrrr

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I never was a JW.

I think that the ARC could be the biggest single opportunity to cause JWs to ask questions.

Noting rebelfighter's post above, I would still be tempted to say something like 'We can see how our brothers deal with this' then show the clip that this is not 'apostate driven lies' . Then maybe Toole and Jackson.

It's a bit difficult because any edited compilation could be attacked as selective editing. Some. of course, will never accept that the ARC was real etc. etc. But it can't be apostate to see how the JW leaders take on Satan's world, can it? And to see just how impressive they are?

If a dub can watch these proceedings and not ask questions, then I suggest that they are (almost) beyond hope.

• freddo
    freddo

@thedepressedsoul

Nice catch!

Topic 13 p.26 of the Good News brochure - printed in 2012 and used daily by keen JW's everywhere in their "ministry."

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

(I never was a JW).

Perhaps one way you could approach this is as follows.

‘I was concerned at the meeting when child abuse was talked about. This is something which really concerns me because I have childre/grandchildren/friends with children/there are children in our congregation ... and I just can’t bear the thought of this happening to them.

I noted that in the meeting it talked about news reports, and on my tablet/pc/laptop/phone I’d seen something about this. I saw that the catholic Cardinal Pell had to give evidence to a government commission in Australia about the catholic church abuse. It was dreadful, but I was not surprised.

While I was watching that I saw that our brothers and branch COs in Australia had explained to the commission how this should be dealt with. And wow! Bro Jackson from the GB travelled to Australia to tell this commission how Jehovah’s Organisation deals with this. I am looking forward to watching Bro Jackson, and I’m sure he will bear a fine witness from which we can all learn.

Jehovah is surely blessing us by letting us see our shepherds take on this world and its problems. How blessed we are that they keep us free from this.

I’ll speak to you soon when I’ve watched Bro Jackson.’

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

stunning!

how can they play this card and not see the hypocrisy????

come on??

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole jokehovian religion is child (and adult) abuse. I view it a form of abuse when children are dragged out in field circus for their whole school vacation and denied time to play. Guilting children into throwing their ice cream money into the Worldwide Damnation Fund is abuse. And so is threatening them that, unless they obey joke-hova fully, they are soon to be destroyed. Notably, every single one of them experiences this form of abuse.

Yet, they bash other religions that abuse a mere fraction of their children? Or that merely issue hell threats, minus stealing all their free time and ice cream money?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses who parrot it`s an Apostate lie that J..W.`s have a problem with Child Sexual Abuse should be asked , why then was the Australian G.B.member , Geoffrey Jackson giving evidence at the ARC,?

Why was the J.W. Lawyer Vin Toole , giving evidence at the ARC, and also a number of Elders.,if it is only Apostate lies.? Obviously it is a reality and not Apostate lies . Otherwise it would not be necessary for them to be their , or to be called up in the first place by the ARC.

No Jehovah`s Witness at the ARC denied the fact that 1006 cases of Child Sexual Abuse that was handled by the judicial committee`s over 50 years were not reported to the police or Child protection authorities ,not one.

And no one objected to that fact, that those figures were accurate.

Jehovah`s Witnesses who parrot that claim just show how ignorant or stupid they are.Maybe both.

smiddy

• nugget
    nugget
    I think the problem is the people writing this material live in a bubble which doesn't acknowledge reality. This is generic babble that has been churned out for years and they get away with it because their followers are trained to think that they are being told the truth and anything else is a lie. They are warned about investigating this for themselves so accept this nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit