Child Abuse In This Weeks Meeting Part

by thedepressedsoul 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I was sitting at the meeting this week and the "Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry" part started. It was the first part under, "The Initial Call". They read from the "Good News" brochure and ask a question on it. At the bottom of the paragraph (that was read out loud) is this little nugget:

"According to news reports, some religions are even involved in terrorism, genocide, war and child abuse. How this saddens sincere believers in God! - Read Matthew 24:3-5, 11, 12."

I stopped for a second as my mind went from numbness, to anger. The first thought that ran through my mind was, aren't the news reports on child abuse viewed as apostate driven lies? If I understand them correctly, when it's other man made religions, it's accurate. However, when the news reports are unfavorable in talking about their huge child abuse issue, its apostate driven lies?

Should JW's who feel they are "sincere believers in God!" be saddened by the WT's big child abuse issue? The hypocrisy, double standards and contradictions in this one sentence alone are huge!

Sorry WT but you can no longer play the card of being the only religion without child abuse.

• kairos
    kairos

This could be big.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
    At tonight's meeting, yeah?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Is there a Q/A part in there? Someone should definitely mention the ARC's investigation into several religious groups that revealed that some hid over a thousand abusers from authorities. Maybe someone will get excited and do some research.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

The more I hear, the less respect I have got for those who keep quiet and follow the programme.

They are so clever, the WT writers....they address an issue that's really big for the organisation, but twist it by creating a distance from which 'sincere believers' observe - it's all 'smooth talk'.

And delusional - as delusional as the presentation they gave to the ARC - they didn't understand that these were adults who they were talking to....who actually listen and discern what is honest and what isn't.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    This could be big.
    Thanks for the heads up on this.
    At tonight's meeting, yeah?

Yes, this is the first "school" part.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Either someone on the inside gets a good laugh or maybe someone on the inside is trying to wake people up?

It's ironic that out of the 100's of paragraphs in that brochure, they pick the one that touches on child abuse?

Maybe they slid this in there to convince the R&F that it's only other religions with this problem and not JW's?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I caught that too. It goes to show how oblivious 99% of the witnesses are. They are totally clueless.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well the JWS religion is half there, they are genocidal by committing suicide for refusing a blood transfusion, one time organ transplants and vaccinations,. they have a problem of covering up child sexual abuse, done so with foolish irresponsibility.

The breaking apart of millions of families might be considered social terrorism.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    I noticed this right away too and pointed it out to my gf. How crazy they continue to act so innocent.
  • millie210
    millie210

How old is the Good News brochure?

I am surprised how many JWs have absolutely zero idea the whole child abuse issue even exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit