Are Anointed Female JW`s To Grow Beards In Heaven ?

by smiddy3 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

OK I have been out for over 25 years however I was active for 33 years and every picture /illustration of the 144,000 in WT publications I ever saw always showed the Anointed/144000 with Jesus on the throne apparently all male with beards.

Not one woman was ever depicted in their drawings/illustrations that I ever saw of those sharing kingly rule with Christ Jesus not one.

And the saying is : 'A picture speaks more than a thousand words"

I can hear a JW apologist saying now [ their is no gender in heaven neither male or female ] Well if that is the case why are everybody illustrated wearing a beard clearly a sign of being of the male gender.?

In the WT illustrations/pictures of Angels they are not shown as having beards giving the impression they are neither male or female .however not with those taken to heaven to rule with Christ the Anointed.

Maybe the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses are showing their true feelings about women who claim to be of the Anointed .

That the G.B. really do not believe any women will be of the Anointed and rule with Jesus Christ for a thousand years .

Your thoughts ?

• naja
    naja

if some women don't shave they also beards, these are the ones chosen

• St George of England
    St George of England

They are also referred to as "KINGS". If they were "neither male nor female" then surely they should be referred to as "RULERS".

Of course all this flitting off to heaven is all twaddle anyway but it's a bit of fun poking holes in JW beliefs.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Sometimes I think to myself that all the discussions on this forum have already been raised multiple times before. Other days not so much.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

For those called by God to the heavenly calling (Heb 3:1) to be joint heirs with Jesus Christ, there is no distinction between men and women in a spiritual sense. The apostle writes: “You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ … there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus.” (Ga 3:26-28) These all must receive a change of nature at their resurrection, being made partakers together of “divine nature,” in which state none will be women, for there is no female sex among spirit creatures. ("Insight on the Scriptures", Vol. 2, page 1196, art.: “Woman”)

Also, see the Illustration in The Watchtower, 2006 July 15, page 4, shown at:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20060715/gods-kingdom-is-superior/

The illustration at the bottom of this URL shows children, so ...

Doug

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The apostle writes: “You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ … there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus.” (Ga 3:26-28)

Isn`t that a contradiction ? you are all,in fact sons ....their is neither male or female ?

And then the WT artists picture all the Anointed with beards which brings up another point no one with a beard nowadays anyway is going to be appointed as a GB yet when they miraculously go to heaven they will have a beard ?

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Hi Smiddy,

Yes that's an interesting passage in their "Insight" book, and the illustration is quite bizarre. Looks like fun, I don't think. At least the good JWs on earth continue to have children and eat apples.

Maybe the resurrected GB members are not allowed to have razor blades or electric shavers.

Doug

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Maybe they want to look less creepy.

• stillin
    stillin

Those anointed sisters will have to grow more than beards to be adopted as sons! As it stands now, they have "spiritual beards." We can't see the beards with our physical eyes but Jehovah sees them as they will truly be in heaven; bearded and with penises.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'll bet that Paul caught a lot of flack when he dared to mention that someday men and women would be equals, even in another world! How dare he even think that such a thing is ever possible! Men in those days treated women the same way the wtbts treats them today--as lesser beings! Can you imagine the suggestion of a women be a gb member? Nope but when they get resurrected as a male spirit creature, they get to be a king! Congratulations ladies! Praise jah for he is great!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit