Kingdom Hall Renovation

by geevee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

Hi all, quick question related to renovating k halls.

My in-laws live in another city and the two congs there are in a ten week process of completely renovating the hall. The plaster board has been taken off, all the toilets and air cons even the roofing iron and insulation are being pulled out and dumped to be totally replaced. It seems like overkill to say the least. The hall was neat and tidy, everything seemed fine when we went to a family funeral 17 mths ago.

What gives? Draining more money out of the sheeple and keep flogging them?

Or is this a new thing that they do?

• hoser
    hoser

They’re probably looking to sell it.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

The other thing I have seen is you may get a new Elder who is king dink and wants to show off the hall. This happened to one of my old congregations. The new elder moved in took over with a strong personality and soon after remodeled the hall completely

• geevee
    geevee

do they still have the rbc? I thought maybe they haven't had much work due to the fact that rather than build halls they are selling them off, and they need something to do!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

sounds like the building is being tarted up a bit to fetch a better price..or maybe it didnt meet some local building regulation that could deter a buyer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    geevee - "...My in-laws live in another city and the two congs there are in a ten week process of completely renovating the hall..."

You should say to 'em (all innocent-like)...

..."gosh... I sure hope you get to keep it after all that work..."

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "They’re probably looking to sell it."

Wonder how many court settlements the sale will help cover.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

They done a very similar thing in my location. Had a refurbishment and then another 6 years latter done another one. Which involved a total strip down of the old refurbishment. I’m talking gutting the whole inside. I was PIMI at the time and I remember voicing my concerns about it. Still don’t have an answer to this day. Probably about $100k which was wasted on refurb #1.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The Jones I have seen were: making it more sellable, massaging some bigwigs ego, or stepping on some previous big guys ideas

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

If they are pulling the insulation out and taking the wall boards off it sounds like they may have a problem with mold. But it maybe for resale. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit