New Feature on JW Library

by neat blue dog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    You know - I HATE the org - but all organizations who need member support make it easy for people to contribute.
    A link to the website on the app is not in the top 100 of issues I have with them.
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I know, taking contributions is totally legitimate. That being said, it's one puzzle piece in an overall trend, from monthly broadcasts to a children's cartoon and tie-in printable activity, to countless letters read at the hall, to the website and app. This past year even The Watchtower and Awake! have started printing a note about contributing in the opening page.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Like the great George Carlin often said, "GOD NEEDS MONEY!!!"

DY

• megabyte_vijay
    megabyte_vijay

Now I understood why this month society encouraging all bible students (Including new return visit) to download JW Library app in their mobiles...

It is really really unfair. How this app useful to a new person I didn't understand so far..Now it is clear..

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Why is this surprising?

It's not out of character for the organization. Everyone knows they run on donations.

(Don't mind me...just using same logic that others used about not being surprised at the homophobic cartoon.)

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

A JW posted a meme on Facebook yesterday. It welcomed people to visit their local KH

at the bottom... "No Donations Required"

hmph

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Thats for the free public speech on sunday, while media production& library as well as online content keeping up to date for educational reasons is an expensive service.

Donations can be made privately thats easier online at home.

While in the meetings nobody is disturbed by thoughts about empty purses of widows

No cash mashines soon in the meeting and assembling halls and more silent last wills anonymously,  may it come!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If people want to donate to any group they can.

But the real question would be: What would happen to a person who vocalised their objection to this constant request for donations? How would they be viewed or treated??

What if they simply chatted openly to others about their view on it?

Hmmm...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit