Who else is tired of attacking/defending Islam?

by Spoletta 30 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

So, I take it some of you still have a bit of bashing to do.

Bohm, I admire your well thought out comments. If you're reading this, I hope you'll reconsider commenting on this subject anymore, as it just encourages more vitriol from certain people that I shall not mention, as I'm tired of the insults.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I take it some of you still have a bit of bashing to do.

Of Islam? Oh yea! more than a bit

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = Not me, attack on, the more people see the futility of rigidly adhering to religoius beliefs spawned centuries ago by ancient civilizations and their writings the better.

The Quran was written in 600 AD , humanity has learned a lot since then.

Why do people today kill for the glory and sanctification of Allah ?

.......because the Quran says so within its writings.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm not a huge fan of the religion, however, I know many that are and I don't hold it against them. They are not dangerous people.

A Muslim man does my yardwork. And here at work, I work with Muslims. Some are in senior management.

Islam is not all "one thing", as is Christianity, Hinduism or Buddhism. There are many schools of thought within it. As with many religions, there are fundamentalists factions and cults, and those are the ones who are dangerous. Those who commit terrorist acts are those who have been indoctrinated to do so by the same processes of indoctrination that are found in cults.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Islam is not all "one thing", as is Christianity, Hinduism or Buddhism. There are many schools of thought within it. As with many religions, there are fundamentalists factions and cults, and those are the ones who are dangerous. Those who commit terrorist acts are those who have been indoctrinated to do so by the same processes of indoctrination that are found in cults.

As has been pounded to death, and has been said by the likes of Bill Maher and Sam Harris, Islam is NOT like other religions. The moderate Muslims you and I know are the fringe, not the center. Fundamentalists/cults in other faiths are fringe, not centric. Isam is a rotten death cult at its core, that doesn't change the people you speak of, but you cannot compare it to any other religion in existence today at this time.

Also you can't just reference ISIS as the bar. Human rights violations could be committed by all these you speak of. They may not be attacking people with a knife, how do they treat their wives? How do they feel about apostates? How do they feel about sharia? Homosexuals? Its a much bigger problem than just jihad

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Londo111

Try living in a predominate Islamic country like Saudi Arabia and see Islam in its native countries and then explain to me what a moderate muslim is.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Try living in a predominate Islamic country like Saudi Arabia and see Islam in its native countries and then explain to me what a moderate muslim is.

This

• kairos
    kairos

If Islam isn't stopped and reformed, with war, western civilization will cease to exist in 20-40 years.

If you don't care, do nothing.

• Simon
    Simon

"oh no, someone's having a discussion and I wish they weren't!"

Here's the trick: if you don't want to read or take part in a discussion, don't. Yes, it really is that simple. But the regressive left's tactics of trying to prevent discussion doesn't fly around here, so don't try it.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit