XBox Live anyone? esp. Midtown Madness 3

by Simon 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

Anyone got XBox live?

I must admit that I am well and truly addicted to Midtown Madness 3 as Angharad will tell you (2:00am does come round really quickly ). There is nothing like a game of "Capture the Gold" in the streets of DC or "Hunter" around paris.

Does anyone else play it? It would be cool to organise a match !

If anyone is thinking of getting an XBox and / or XBox Live I can definitely recommend it: it is a real step-up gaming wise to play against other people and be able to chat at the same time and the XBox really is ahead in this regard because of the built in broadband and hard-drive. I know these are available for other systems but the number of people with them is much lower - with it built in as standard, developers can really target the features.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I loved Midtown Madness on the PC! One of these days I may have to actually buy an X-box....

-DrW (of the Gamecube and PS2 class)

• Simon
    Simon

A guy I work with (single, gadjet freak ... worse than me) has a GameCube, a PS2 and an XBox.

He did rate them all good for different games but since getting broadband & XBox live says it blows the others away.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Speaking of games, I just installed FIFA2003 and promptly uninstalled it when I played online and was well and truly hammered by some smug Dutch git 5-0.

I'm afraid I shall be sticking with counterstrike. Better still, give up gaming forever. Way too many headshots from the other end of the map for my liking. Also, just recently, I was asked out and declined.... simply because I wanted to play online. I got to give this up , I thought. Sad when it starts taking over your life like that.

I guess its ok when you are bored to death; but very childish. hehehe ! (geeklaugh)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Simon: I would prefer to have all three systems and don't really consider one "better" than the other per se. There are exclusives on all the consoles that warrant owning them. I can't live without the PS2 or Gamecube exclusives. I've played Halo to death on a friend's XBox (it's such an awesome game). Maybe when the Live-enabled Halo 2 comes out I'll pick one up.

In the meantime I'm keeping busy with Final Fantasy 1 & 2 remakes for the Playstation. So far my favorite console game of all time is Metroid Prime for the Gamecube. Simply stunning.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hamas: When you turn down a date to play video games, you know it's got to stop! lol

• qwerty
    qwerty

Simon,

A mate at work wanted to swap my PS2 for an XBox. Trouble is he had to ask permission from his girlfriend first! He has not got back to me about it!

I play Midtown madness on my PC with a Gforce 440 (128 ddr ram) it's fantastic.

You should try Delta Force Black Hawk Down and Operation Flash Point. Wolfenstien Enemy Territory is good too for on-line gaming.

The Xbox can not match a PC can it?

Qwerty

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    The Xbox can not match a PC can it?

No... it's a Pentium III 733MHz. It does, however, have a pretty good video card (comparable to the NVidia 5x00 cards, I believe). Halo is coming out on the PC very soon and it will blow away the X-Box version.

I enjoy playing console games more than PC games... my TV is hooked up to surround sound and it's nice to sit on a comfy couch. But I am looking forward to Half Life 2, Doom III, and Halo on the PC.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Games/ Tech will get that good that we could soon literally be living in the Matrix!...................If we want to that is

Qwerty

• Simon
    Simon

Well, it's funny ... although the XBox is like a PC and is based on the Windows Kernel it does have dedicated chips and a set 'known' hardware so the games are optimised for it rather than having to cope with an unknown myraid of combinations on a PC.

To get comparable performance on a PC is going to cost a hell of a lot more than an XBox does - just the price of some graphics cards alone comes close to the price !

I used to play PC games (and still do for C&C) but for driving games (my favourite) the XBox is better unless you have a real top-end PC. It's also more convenient without having to install games etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit