Scriptures the society refuses to mention....

by TheApostleAK 21 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody
    "I am distressed over you, my brother Jonathan. Very pleasant you were to me. More wonderful was your love to me than the love from women." (2 Sam. 1:26 NWT)

SFJ,

funny!
    I just have to love ya!

thanks for the smiles I needed so badly today, you all.

peace,
    somebody

• somebody
    somebody

ApostleAK,

Here is how the WBTS uses Acts 6:7

Watchtower 1/1/98 Do Not Give Up On The Race For Life!

5 The first Christian congregation in world history was made up of natural Jews and proselytes and was established in Jerusalem in 33 C.E. What kind of spirit did it have? One only has to read the early chapters of the book of Acts to learn of its enthusiasm and joy, even in the face of persecution. (Acts 2:44-47; 4:32-34; 5:41; 6:7) As the decades passed, however, things changed, and many Jewish Christians evidently slowed down in the race for life. One reference work says this about their situation as it existed about 60 C.E.: "A condition of languor and weariness, of disappointed expectations, deferred hopes, conscious failure and practical unbelief. They were Christians but had slender appreciation of the glory of their calling." How could anointed Christians get into such a state? A consideration of parts of Paul's letter to the Hebrews (written about 61 C.E.) helps us to answer that question. Such a consideration will help all of us today to avoid sinking into a similarly weak spiritual state."

peace,
    somebody

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Charming! In April 1st WT in the 1st study check out paragraph 7.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

How about Luke 20:36?

• logical
    logical

How about Revelation 23:1

• somebody
    somebody

logical,

my bilble has no revelation chapter 23. it doesn't go that high.

ApostleAK...I can't look at the April 1st article...can you scan it? I only have the cd, which goes from the 1950 something to 1999 I believe.

• ISP
    ISP

Actually, there are surprisingly many scriptures that are not mentioned.....i.e. have NEVER been discussed in 50 yrs+ of WT'dom.

Just check the scripture index on the CD-Rom. If someone has the time, you could list them.......but it is surprising.

First one is Gen 4.18!

ISP

• randawg
    randawg

hi everyone first timer check these contradicting scriptures,in their bible of course revelation 1:8 I am the alpha and omega says Jehovah God" the one who is and who was and who is coming, the almighty". Now go to Rev 22:13 Jesus talking I am the alpha and omega the first and last the begging and the end. its amazing what you can find in the Bible as a kid sitting in a kingdumb-hall instead of falling asleep

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

randawg: U sure its Jesus in 22:13?

• randawg
    randawg

yes unless my niv is wrong start from verse 8 - v-12 look I am coming Quickly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit