According to one JW there can only be 1 of 3 reasons why you left.

by Bonsai 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I asked an old JW friend of mine why so many baptized individuals leave the JW religion. "Did it ever occur to you, old friend, that maybe they know something that you don't know and have valid reasons for leaving?", I asked.

His response set me back for an answer. He said, " The vast majority of those who leave the truth do it for one of three reasons:

1). They want to go out and fornicate, or are already fornicating, get caught and leave.

2). They have homosexual desires and finally go out and decide to act on those desires.

3). They've been stumbled and their pride pushes them out."

He outright refused to accept that some left after careful introspection and independent research. He said they only start to do those things in order to justify their immoral, prideful ways. Once they want out, they'll find any excuse they can to criticize the organization.

Is there some truth to what he said? Perhaps some of us were in situations one, two or three which propelled us to start looking into the history and inner workings of the organization and find its flaws. What category do you fall under? I'd say I fall under category three.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

I read something that somewhat took away my main reason to believe in a Creator.

So I started a thorough research project to find more and better arguments to believe in Jehovah the Creator. I found none.

What I did find what the multitude of dishonest quotes in Watchtower publications regarding evolution.

That dishonesty triggered me to dig deeper, trying to find evidence of the Bible being inspired, and Jehovah's Witnesses are the one true religion.

I found nothing but fallacies, deception, dishonesty, cover-ups, hidden scandals and confirmation bias.

I left JW because I value truth and honesty more than my social life.

I left JW because I have been taught to take a stand for truth and righteousness, so I did.

Anyone who knows me can tell you I'm not gay, have not cheated on my wife, and have no problem with any individual JW.

As for your friend: it's way easier on his mind to blame others for leaving, than to acknowledge he may be wrong.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well my reason for leaving was, I realized following my football club was more important to me than attending the Kingdm Hall...crazy as it seems I felt Watfords slim chances of avoiding relegation were better odds than Armageddon coming :-)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yeah I left because I wanted to go to all night orgies and get blind drunk every night. Oh and I was stumbled by all the people who didn't want to do that

• Half banana
    Half banana

Lol Xanthippe!

I realised that the idea of god is a human invention, there is no turning back after that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was because of honesty and a desire for TRUTH that made me wake up and leave...

I am more of an honest and genuine human now than ever before.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

No, I would say the reason that most JW's say to each other when a person leaves is that "they were spiritually weak and neglected their study, ministry and prayer"

• sir82
    sir82

Is there some truth to what he said?

No there is not "some" truth to what he said.

He offered no evidence to back up his assertion that the "vast majority" leave for selfish reasons.

Obviously, some leave for some variation on those issues, but it is highly unlikely it is the "vast majority' of them.

He made up a factoid with no basis in reality, because it makes him feel superior to others.

Hmm, maybe he could run for president in 2020.....

• just fine
    just fine

It's just because they can't admit there might be something wrong with their religion. Simple as that.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

One elder answered up about the satanic, demonic thing that is hypnosis. Im actually well read in hypnosis and know what it is and what it isnt. The WT mags made silly claims and outright lies about it. It was then that i knew they were talking out their ass and decided to visit JWFacts. I binged for a whole day on there and came away feeling sad then angry then numb. Then read Crises Of Conscience and i was awake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit