Covid 19, is this the WT new push to bring back ex JW's before the end of the system?

by William Penwell 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Not sure if this was covered as I could not find anything on it but talking to my son he tells me one of the GB had a talk telling them this is a sign of the last days. Have the JW's being pressured into talking to relatives and friends to bring them back into the fold before the end of the system blah blah blah? The reason why i ask is my son was saying his mother has being on his case the last few weeks and then two days ago I got a telephone message from my sister, that hasn't spoke to me in 4 years, asking how I am doing.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes, William Penwell.

The elders have been instructed to search out all 'inactive' or 'faded' ones in their territory whichever way they can for the memorial and generally as well.

At least that's the situation here in Australia. Where I live , elders are asking if anyone knows of "inactive" ones they could contract due to the last days of the last days.

Brings back memories of 1975.

jtg

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WILLIAM PENWELL:

I heard it’s true but I believe this attempt at reactivation is all about the green stuff.

The demographic of very faithful elderly (the most generou$ givers) is passing away and when they are gone the religion is never going to see the like of them again, in my opinion. The religion may figure it is easier to reactivate somebody who was already in the religion than find and convert somebody new.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My message to any hounder who wants to reactivate me: Are you willing to learn enough German so you can understand the answers I give? That is all the more likely the more of those German files I get to read--each German letter I find helps me with this. I doubt any of the hounders do any of that.

• alanv
    alanv

Whenever there is any large disaster the JWs jump on it to prove that we are living in the last days. The latest virus pandemic, is tailor made for them to frighten people to come back to the org. However once its all over, it will be interesting to see what happens. My guess is that there will be a small increase this service year in publishers, but then less and less in the years to come.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I remember the JW religion denigrating the Catholic religion for using the threat of Hell-Fire to keep their members in fear of going against the R.C.church ?

Is there really any difference with what the JW religion does with how they handle their own members ? Fear of the Great Tribulation ,fear of Armageddon ,fear of everlasting destruction at God`s hand.?

And you might add , fear of disobeying the Governing body of Jehovah`s witnesses.!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Yes WP, the "loving elders" - you know, those Christian men who allegedly care for the flock - they had to be instructed by the Warwick charlatans to go out and look for the 'lost sheep' from their congregations.

The blind leading the blind!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How are they supposed to seek us out? Government rules are that we shouldn't not visit or receive visitors.

Nobody has reached out to me in all the years I have lived here, they know where I am.

• sir82
    sir82
    he tells me one of the GB had a talk telling them this is a sign of the last days

To JWs, everything is a sign of the last days - literally everything.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

They need to learn Zoom better and put that in their toolbox of theocratic warfare items, to reach out to long lost donaters, however all they will find are idiotic hackers, which might boost their collective IQ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit