Watchtower Converts City Centre Office Block In Chelmsford UK

by Petraglyph 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    For anyone who's interested, here's the Public Consultation face of this whole charade; http://www.templefarmdevelopment.co.uk/
  • alanv
    alanv
    Average increase in uk has been just 0.5% per year on average for the last 22 years.
  • Petraglyph
    Petraglyph

I took the 'growth in the area' as being a consequence of the Temple Farm development. This is also in Chelmsford.

They attract extra JW's into the area to build their headquarters for free.

They take advantage of the situation and spin this as growth and a need to provide a new place of worship. For some reason this is in a city centre office block - maybe something to do with the resale value and ease of change of use, but I don't know ;)

In the not too distant future...

Temple Farm is completed and there are no longer as many JW's in the area. There's no need for such a large meeting place. Watchtower puts it on the market as prime city centre real-estate and realises the profits.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    so its a sort of kingdom showroom cum cellar club.
  • Splash
    Splash
    Seems fitting that it was designed as a nightclub, what with all the flashing new light these days.
  • steve2
    steve2

A check of the annual JW Yearbook shows the following:

From 1998, when the peak number of publishers in Britain was 131,981, to 2014, when the peak number was 138,515, they have grown by 6,534. Over 16 years that's a growth rate of 5 percent. Annual growth rates are a fraction of that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "Maybe they are laundering money?"

You mean flipping real estate for profit whilst enjoying tax-exempt status doesn't qualify?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...a £260,000 purchase... £250,000 for the renovation..."

Half a million...

x

...on a f**king basement?

Who does that?

• steve2
    steve2

"...a £260,000 purchase... £250,000 for the renovation..."

Half a million...

Even allowing for the exchange rate, I wasn't too surprised by the cost. Inner city construction is invariably more expensive than in provincial areas and I thought the overall cost was on the low side. I should imagine if they constructed a stand alone kingdom hall/auditorium in that area they'd get little back from one million pounds - and may be have to pay more - and that's with "free" labor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit