5 years ago they were 25, now they hit the BIG 30-----and still single---jw girls.

by pistolpete 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I realize Witness world is a small fishbowl where a guy who may not be attractive and has nothing going for him will be sought after by desperate women.

I witnessed many marriages where the women were 5-7 older than their husbands. They sought these unattractive men because they knew that the pickings were slim.

The worst marriages were the 18 year old's who couldn't wait to get into each others pants. After they realized that they only dated just one person in their life, they go off and cheat. They get divorced and get disfellowshipped. Years later one of them show up with a new marriage parter.

• FedUpJW
  • Mum
    Mum

There are a lot more women than men in the JW's. Back in the day, when women stayed home, they were more likely to be at home when a dub knocked on the door. Women are more likely to be unhappy with the way the world works, too. Men call most of the shots.

So, all of that created a female-dominated religion (although I believe most religions are female-dominated) wherein women were relegated to second-class status while their male counterparts (who spent less time in the preaching activity usually) rose in the ranks and got to feel even more superior than they did already. Meanwhile, staying single was encouraged, but not rewarded.

As an ex-wife of an elder, I can say that JW marriage is less than rewarding.
    But being an elder's wife gets one some "respect" from members of the congregation, who wouldn't give you the time of day otherwise.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ Data-Dog 10 hours ago.

It would seem you've been reading my mail.

Perhaps being single, dating beautiful men and women, and going home to your own bed WITHOUT THE DRAMA, is the best option these days.

Not only "Yes", but "HELL YES!"

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I'm not knocking good looks. But if you don't have a good mind with those those looks it is no real value. Most Jw woman that I knew where after three things, money money, and more money. All because they didn't have the brains to manage their own money and create money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit