Labels are NOT arguments

by Coded Logic 18 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sorry I spoke.

You can't like or especially love a class of people - so you don't like Muslims as a class of people?

Do you dislike people who don't have jobs? - yes, I hate those wasters.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    You can't like or especially love a class of people - so you don't like Muslims as a class of people?- LUHE

I don't form opinions about people I have never met before especially generalising about them in a religious group. I have met people of all religions and like and dislike people I have met. The reasons I form those opinions had nothing to do with their religion. I chose to get to know everyone regardless of their protected class. I don't discriminate.

Your opinion about people without jobs calling them time wasters is very discriminatory and prejudicial. At work I see many people struggling to get good reliable employment and people who have been dismissed unfairly. Some of them are in their 50s and will never be recruited as employers discriminate against them. There are so many reasons why these people don't have jobs. I hope this changes your opinion about them.

Kate xx

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't form opinions about people I have never met before especially generalising about them in a religious group - then tell our entire political class. They've got it in their heads that Islam is a religion of peace.

Your opinion about people without jobs calling them time wasters is very discriminatory and prejudicial - it was just a silly joke.

I myself have been unemployed for several months and am still looking for permanent paid work. I've applied for thousands of jobs and attended many interviews. I do voluntary work 20hrs per week (5 x 4hrs per day) and have recently got some bank work (working as and when).

• KateWild
    KateWild

LUHE,

I do remember you telling me a while ago that you were struggling to find work. I am sorry you still haven't found anything.

It's hard to recognise satire sometimes especially if you say you like people because they have jobs.

My point is that the OP is making a statement that is a generalisation. Generalising is something that many of us do and it can in some cases lead to discrimination and prejudice. People are Individuals and should be viewed on their specific qualities personal to them.

Kate xx

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Coded Logic - "Labels are NOT arguments."

They are, too, Stupid, so SHUT UP!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

lol - end of story

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Labels are NOT arguments..

Not True At All..

Image result for damn good root beer

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

There is a tendency for some minor groups to hang an - ist or a - phobe label on someone who is not 100% in agreement with their views. It's all to easy to call someone an - ist or a - phobe if they are not completely convinced that the group is correct. As someone on this forum wisely said, not all minor groups are necessarily noble.

• cofty
    cofty

The word "Islamophobia" was promoted by the Muslim Brotherhood with the specific intention of shutting down criticism of Islam.

Thanks to the regressive left it has been a very successful project.

The key to combatting pejorative labels is to not care what people say about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit