Labels are NOT arguments

by Coded Logic 18 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I love Muslims - which is why I hate mainstream Islam. History has categorically shown us that people are better off when there's separation of Church and State, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and women's equality - all of which mainstream Islam is diametrically opposed to. And criticizing Islam doesn't make me an "islamophobe". It makes me an Infidel. There's a difference. One is a vacuous term used to shut down argument. The other is a badge I wear proudly. Thank you.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's what's known as a "Hitch Slap!"

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

The religion of Islam disgusts me and I find it a repulsive, parasitic presence on this planet. Its holy book is filled with hatred and intolerance. The religion degrades women and forces them to hide themselves in public. It's a religion that provides the necessary ingredients for radicalism/terrorism. Does that sentiment make me Islamophobic? Too effing bad. I will wear the title with pride.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

As you said in the OP, labels are used mainly to shut down argument.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bonsai - "Its holy book is filled with hatred and intolerance."

A number of individuals would say that about the Bible, too.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Coded Logic,

Thanks for this thread. So tell me why do you love Muslims?

Kate xx

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Vidiot, I am, outspokenly, one of those individuals.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So tell me why do you love Muslims? - good question. I can tell you why I like Muslims, based on observations where I live.

The Muslims that share the same northern town with me are generally polite, hold down jobs and contribute to society, and are respectful of women. Although a big section are no doubt conservative (if I dug deeper, I wonder what attitudes I'd find re homosexuality or Jew-hatred), they are well-integrated here.

The only surface issue I would have with them is the ubiquity of the niqab (full face veil).

• KateWild
    KateWild
    So tell me why do you love Muslims? - good question. I can tell you why I like Muslims, based on observations where I live. - LUHE

Interesting why you're answer a question addressed to someone else. But thanks. Love and like are two different things.

Also when you draw an opinion about a protected class and generalise it's prejudicial. You can't like or especially love a class of people. You can only like and love individuals.

Do you dislike people who don't have jobs?

Kate xx

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Infidel here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit