May 2020 Study WT - more convoluted false prophesying

by neat blue dog 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The first two study articles of the latest WT raise the usual sense of urgency with more of the same theological quackery Russell would be proud of.

First up, something we've always known, the embarrassing admission that JWs think they are the center of the universe:

even though God’s servants make up only a small portion of the world’s population, they are often at the center of major world events. Why? Because Satan and his entire system have one prime objective—conquering those who serve Jehovah

To further prop this idea up, they say that the "Daniel's Prophecy" book is now outdated and that no 'kings of the north or south' existed during 'the apostasy'. Instead, they come about for some reason before the supposed last days and even before the F&DS:

In 1871, the year after Russell and his associates formed their Bible study group, the king of the north reappeared.

This King is identified as the German Empire under Otto von Bismarck. That's right: Somewhere in Pennsylvania, there was a rich kid with too much time on his hands who read a book or two and was taken in by religious charlatans and then developed delusions of grandeur. This made Satan angry, who rose up powerful fighting empires just to snuff them out! Make sense?

To top it all off, there's a new mega four-page chart. Remember Splane's famous overlapping generations chart? Well this one takes multiple scriptures from different time periods/circumstances and makes one convenient and selective Frankenstein's monster of a 'timeline' of overlapping prophecies. And yes, it does use that word:

The prophecies mentioned in this chart overlap one another

Seriously, I don't know how I'm gonna be able to attend this meeting.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Those May 2020 study articles have Maestro Splane written all over them.

The GB still emulate C.T. Russell in some ways with their occasional bizarre charts and convoluted interpretations, but the GB will also disavow Russell whenever convenient.

This is no accident. From time to time the Watch Tower has been known to publish convoluted teachings that overwhelm and exhaust us psychologically and emotionally, which can weaken a mind just enough to cease resistance and concede to the perceived authority. PIMI JWs will not detect this happening to themselves. They have been conditioned to affirm. This is why odd personalities like Splane and other authority figures can so easily influence minds that have already been manipulated to mindlessly affirm.

So when a convoluted interpretation like this one comes along, the PIMI JW will experience a circular reasoning something like this:

Brother Spane is a member of the Governing Body.

The Governing Body are Jesus Christ's spiritual brothers on earth today because Jehovah God anointed them with holy spirit.

Holy spirit helps the Governing Body understand deep spiritual truth.

Brother Splane is explaining deep spiritual truth.

Therefore, I will accept Brother Spane's explanation as truth even though I do not yet fully understand it.

After all, who am I to question Brother Splane? I am not a spirited anointed member of the Governing Body who are Jesus Christ's spiritual brothers on earth today because Jehovah God anointed them with holy spirit.

Holy spirit helps the Governing Body understand deep spiritual truth.

Brother Splane is explaining deep spiritual truth.

Therefore, I will accept Brother Spane's explanation as truth even though I do not yet fully understand it.

After all, who am I to question Brother Splane?

To break this PIMI circular reasoning, one must question Brother Splane.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Superstition, prophecy and gullibility all go together.

NBD, just take a short holiday break that weekend.

• blubberyk9
    blubberyk9

Will the others of the "anointed" also understand it? Or is the GB somehow even more special?

• Room 215
    Room 215

This may be the greatest evidence to date that Splane is bat-shit delusional.

It shocks (and saddens) me that I once took this all so seriously.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I agree with you Room 215, I am also saddened that there are sensible JWs out there still drinking the 'Cool-aid'.

I suppose it has to do with an important but never discussed subject: people's expectations.

It's about absorbing as fact, whether truthful or not, the relative importance and status of basic authorities. JWs expect the Bible to be God's word and they expect the GB to be God's only channel. The public indoctrination from HQ to the faithful asserts these two things, week on week and year in, year out -- feeding their expectations!

The sacredness of the Bible is not challenged and the authority of the governing body is not questioned by the JW true believer. So all Bible and Watchtower information is processed in the light of their expectations.

Splane can issue bat-shit crazy prophecies because the faithful expects him to be right especially so as the GB claim to base them on the hallowed Bible -- so what on earth could be wrong?

Gullibility is what is wrong and the absence of critical thinking is what is lacking.....not to mention an overriding fear of JW community reprisals for daring to challenge 'sacred authority'.

• tiki
    tiki

Do tell....of what major events are they or have they been center?

The situation in the Middle East? The dissolution of the Soviet Union? Hurricanes, landslides, avalanches, tornadoes? Britain departure from the Euro? Mass shootings?

Quackery it is.....

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    neat blue dog
    The first two study articles of the latest WT raise the usual sense of urgency with more of the same theological quackery Russell would be proud of.
    To top it all off, there's a new mega four-page chart. Remember Splane's famous overlapping generations chart? Well this one takes multiple scriptures from different time periods/circumstances and makes one convenient and selective Frankenstein's monster of a 'timeline' of overlapping prophecies.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The only statement from the Watchtower in print that is true, factual, and believable is -

"We are not inspired or infallible."

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So when that kook Russell came along Satan said "I gotta get my shit together otherwise there's no stopping this spiritual genius!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit