Video on How the WT Society is Now Concerned About Social Distancing

by RubaDub 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I doubt she is a JW.

@phoenixrising ...

Now I doubt she is a JW also. Perhaps just a PIMO.

As jwundubbed mentioned, those red shoes may be a sign that she is not an example for the younger sisters in the congregation.

The Borg typically only uses people in good standing for these types of presentations.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe there should have been a few more props in their video such as some WT books ,a NWT Bible and a couple of Awake & Watchtowers just to add some flavour and authenticity to the mix .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are risks associated with both staying home and going out.

If you go out, and especially if you are careless, you risk catching coronavirus which will probably be about as dangerous as a normal cold. You could also get into legal trouble, which I feel is worse--fines and jail time for not "social(??)" distancing or wearing that stupid mask.

If you stay home, you run the risk of having your immune system getting out of condition, leading to catching a major version of next year's flu instead of a mild flu or no flu at all. This could be worse than what you would have got with the coronavirus. You also run the risk of developing allergies or autoimmune diseases, all because you were not exposed to stupid little things like colds or similar illnesses (whether or not you get sick).

I also feel excessive use of sanitizers can be worse than the virus. Not because of resistant strains, but because the chemicals themselves are toxic. Hand sanitizer that is just alcohol is probably no worse than that beer or wine you regularly ingest--you are not meant to take it internally, and the alcohol vapor is not that toxic. But there are other chemicals that are way more toxic, and for some could be worse than taking your chances with coronavirus. They might be worthwhile near the start of a pandemic, but once you get constant minor exposure for a while, it soon becomes a waste.

Not to mention, those that perfectly dodge this virus this time might be susceptible to getting it later.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

those that perfectly dodge this virus this time might be susceptible to getting it later

WTWizard ...

I tell my wife that repeatedly. I'm not a doctor, but there have to be molecules of that virus and everything else virtually everywhere we go. Again, I'm not a doctor, but your body is constantly fighting harmful viruses. It is just the dose that you get and how your body reacts to it.

I think that reasonable people don't pack themselves without masks into restaurants or bars or gyms no matter what the current "law" is in an area. Conversely, putting yourself into a hygienic bubble just begs for problems with the virus, flu and who knows what. I think reasonable action will prevent unnecessary infections and deaths.

By the way, the sister singing that song is hot.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I doubt she is a JW. If she is she is not one in good standing. They would not sanction this kind of thing unless the cult has really really changed over the years.

Someone doesn't know RubaDub very well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit