Went to a sunday meeting Waterbury, Connecticut, yawnfest x100

by Brokeback Watchtower 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well went on a vacation cross country for 10 days to see relatives, and so decided to drop in on my old Kingdom Hall to get a look at some old friends I haven't seen in more the 27 years.

Came in around 1:15 pm middle of the public talk wearing tight fitting jeans and an old sweat shirt, and sat down in front of person I served with as an elder. The talks was so boring I can't remember a word of it, I can only recall that it was very disjointed with tremendous leaps in logic, so that my mind could not and would not follow the speaker. Watchtower study was a complete brain shrinking repeat of putting on the new personality or something, with the conductor fishing for baby food comments where none of the 3 or 4 young ones gave any comments only the hard core braindead were answering. I couldn't believe things were this bad, it's like the congregation is suffering depression because of these droning Watchtower lesson/indoctrination sessions. I would not doubt that most are on some type of anti psychosis meds or something.

I decided to leave during the closing song as the atmosphere there was that bad, and to avoid questions from those trying to get some publishing time in by being friendly to a worldly person. Anyway I made it out to my car and was approached by 2 elders(?) who ran to my car to ask me some questions. They asked me if I was from the area to which I gave them a brief run down of some facts: I said no but that I used to be an elder in a couple of the congregation that met at this KH and that I even help built this triple KH back in the 1980s. They then asked me if I was DF'd to which I proudly responded Yes, and proceeded to give them a very brief explanation: 'My name is David Wiltshire and I sent a letter to Charlie Bradshaw(2001) which merely had the the 8 criteria of mind control cults, to which he sent a letter to my current congregation which I was not attending anymore, which got me disfellowshiped with the charges of 'speaking against the organization''. I told them I made no mention of the Watchtower in the letter but merely copied off of the internet these 8 identifying features, which lead to the charge of speaking against the organization and being DF'd. I then briefly said that I think it is wrong that a person cannot say anything negative about the organization and be threatened with DFing if one does not repent and that you are only allowed to say good things about the organization.

Anyway that was the end of it and I left. There are three KHs in the same building and they have plenty of room in the parking but it was really empty for 3 congregations meeting there and very few young ones and I'm sure mostly old timers so growth must have been negative for quite a few years, I'm sure the internet is keeping it from any future growth with many old timers passing away as all the sign are there that this is happening

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

As I sat for this meeting it all became very clear that repeatedly going to these meeting will definitely shrink your brains and make you very depressed as these people clearly showed the signs that this was happening.

I can't believe I sat through almost 3 decades of listening to this utter bull shit nonsense!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Wow, brave move, must have seemed weird after all this time.

Nothing like visiting a JW meeting to remind yourself of how god-awful the whole thing is.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

sparrowdown: Nothing like visiting a JW meeting to remind yourself of how god-awful the whole thing is.

FYI some background

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/7539/my-apeal-disfellowshiping-letter

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Hey thanks for the find. I completely forgot I posted this.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Brokeback Watchtower: Hey thanks for the find. I completely forgot I posted this.

haha, no problem - some interesting reading.....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I like how they chased you and then wanted to find out why you were there. I mean unless their a cult why would they do that. Let's not mention if growth was so great there would be visitors all the time and you being there would be no big deal so no need to chase after you as you left. Freaks!!!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

did you answer up BbW?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

There is a few hours of your life you will never get back...

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    did you answer up BbW?

No, I just went because I was in the neighborhood and was curious to see what meetings were like 20+ years removed and not to interrupt their spiritual feasting from the Watchtower indoctrination sessions..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit