What happens if a JW say “Happy Holidays!”?

by Iamallcool 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Any takers?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Lightning from heaven 🤯

Actually a reprimand and reminder, maybe privately. We aint sd supposed to enjoy anything except spiritual stuff and it is envious to wish for a day off, vacation, family get together. They are getting their reward in full. ( we get no reward at all but dont realize it until old age

• Gorb
    Gorb

No problem here in liberal Holland.

G.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

In Germany we used to say "Schöne freie Tage!" (Happy days off!) that sounds similar to "Schöne Feiertage!" (Happy holidays!).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Some would say " merry tribulation and happy Armageddon!"

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

A new commercial on TV for the Christmas holidays came up with a brilliant idea by saying "Happy Alla -days"

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They will get a stern talking too from the eldurrs, and then they will have five days of eternal life deducted from the back end?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Around here it would raise eyebrows and get a frown....

Actually, back in the distant past we had a dear old sister in our group . She was a regular at the Tuesday book Study. Dear old N..... she was sweet natured but definitely “sixpence short of. Shilling “

At Christmas time she would always say as she went to leave “ Compliments of the Season Everybody “ ( that’s a rather old fashioned way of saying Merry Christmas)..

We all thought it funny.. I did not have the heart to counsel the old girl who clearly did not quite get it....

They were happy days at Tuesday groups...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It will depend on multiple factors.

What the 'personality' of the congregation is.

What the biggest bully in the congregation thinks of it.

I'm a firm believer that a congregation is ruled by the biggest bully or bullies. There is no real love in the congregations. It's all fake, fake, fake! And the bullies can fake off!

....and let's be honest, the answer to anything cheerful in Jobo world is usually, 'NO!'

Whatever the question that doesn't involve giving money to the GB to protect sexual predators is always, 'NO!'

Can I enjoy myself? No. Give money to the GB.

Can I do this that or the other, to make life happier? No! Give money to the GB.

• carla
    carla

They realize their horrible mistake and become super dubby to make up for it for a few weeks until a squirrel goes by and they lose focus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit