#Persecution selfies: what do you think?

by Diogenesister 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

So apparently the new Watchtower Russia exhibition features a pretend cell for JWs to take pretend "persecution selfies' and wallow in the glorious suffering that is essential for Watchtower theology to work - yet is strikingly missing from the lives of 99% of witnesses.

In fact most governments go to great lengths to protect the rights of witnesses, spending millions in public funds either directly to watchtower - in the form of grants ( Norway, Germany etc) - in various types of tax relief, or in the money spent in court cases establishing Watchtowers rights and freedoms (& protecting their kids, whether they know it or not).

I'm interested to know how everyone feels about this...particularly Terry Walstrom and other guys who have spent time in jail in the name of Watchtower's freedom of conscience. Personally I think it reeks of desperation by Watchtower and is another example of the type of fantasizing that witnesses regularly indulge in.

Also....funny how the end is soooo close that they've had time to build a museum of watchtower history!! Anyone else see the irony in that?!!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The Dubs need to quit the phony persecution play acting and hire REAL guards, with REAL machine guns, to use REAL clubs to beat the living hell out of them if they REALLY want to immerse themselves in this twisted persecution "experience".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just watched this. It’s disgusting. Did you see the hashtags when the “Brother” was behind bars?? #mensfashion????

Do you need any more proof of how disgusting the GB really are??? Seriously??

Just add this to their Pedo-coverups and the very, VERY likely possibility that Jaracz was a Pedo, and tailored the current policies to protect Pedos??

Disgusting.....

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - "...most governments go to great lengths to protect the rights of witnesses, spending millions in public funds either directly to watchtower - in the form of grants ( Norway, Germany etc) - in various types of tax relief, or in the money spent in court cases establishing Watchtowers rights and freedoms..."

Yup.

Kinda hard to cry "persecution!" and expect anyone to take it seriously when virtually everything you do is protected by law, so passive-aggressively irritating people in the hopes of provoking a response is pretty much all they got left.

Of course, going around poking people in the eye with a stick and then whining when you get a beatdown for it doesn't actually make you "persecuted"...

...it just makes you an asshole.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    FedUpJW - "The Dubs need to quit the phony persecution play acting and hire REAL guards, with REAL machine guns, to use REAL clubs to beat the living hell out of them if they REALLY want to immerse themselves in this twisted persecution 'experience'."

Yeah, they'd change their tune pretty quick if that happened.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has a word for these fake pictures, "reinactments." Not to excuse the WTS, but how many jws know the difference between reality and reinactments. The WTS used to say "demonstrations" or "experiences" but not necessarily the experience of the person relating it. Fake families made up a married couple with 2 so-called children actually the children of other people, who fit the cast that the WTS wants used. Evidently, this is because it is hard to find a family that actually represents the "ideal family" the WTS wants in the part. So if that is the case, why not a faked picture because you can't find a real picture to fit the WTS viewpoint.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202005042?q=reenactment&p=sen

Ask them to explain how they offer magazines in these settings. Have a brief demonstration of a presentation or a reenactment of an experience.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2018485?q=reenactment&p=sen

Notice the WTS says this about the photo:

COVER IMAGE:

BULGARIA

This reenactment shows the circumstances under which a Bible study is conducted in Bulgarian prisons with interested inmates

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    blondie - "...this is because it is hard to find a family that actually represents the 'ideal family' the WTS wants in the part..."

I never realized that, but yeah.

Their "ideal" doesn't actually exist.

Good catch.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Quite frankly, I'm not sure about this one. The watchtower might very well have produced that stage so that JWs could walk in and meditate on what happened or is happening to their brothers and sisters. What is distasful however are the JWs themselves taking pictures in the way that they are doing it. This type of thing is not limited to JWs. For instance, think of the people who take glorious selfies in places dedicated to the rememberance of the holocost.

Did I miss something? Was there a sign next to that thing instructing JWs to take pictures? Were they instructed by their guides to do so?

Regardless, I know I would never have taken a picture like that.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe they came up with that idea because of all the tourists from around the world who visit Alcatraz and take there photos inside prison cells ?

On a side note Jehovah`s Witnesses now have Museums ? ,so obviously they are not expecting Armageddon to come anytime soon ,they are wanting to cash in on and exploit every living dollar they can out of every believer they still have left in the religion.

• dozy
    dozy

It's an odd one - just seems to be in bad taste. I think I would be a bit hacked off if I was a JW in South Korea , for example , imprisoned for refusing military service and seeing instagram shots of JWs pretending to be in prison and having a good laugh.

It just feeds into the same narrative including garish videos of SWAT squads and JWs huddled in bunkers that the Society tries to promote which is that JWs are hated by the world and under imminent threat of severe persecution etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit