How Long Out Before They leave You Alone

by tepidpoultry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

I know I stopped attending in 2003 and the elders in my old congregation kept trying to get a hold of me for several months afterwards- I just ignored their phone messages. Eventually they stopped for 3 years. But what put me BACK on their radar was that some JW relatives tried reporting me to elders about misconduct- and suddenly - Bingo- I was back on their radar again- even after not attending meetings for almost 4 years.

Desirous of Change is correct. If elders see you as a possible " danger " or " influence " on other active JW's still attending - that will make elders get very aggressive and come after you. Or if like me- JW family PUTS you back on the radar without your permission- the elders can get all Nazi again and try to make your life miserable. Eventually they stopped trying against me as I beat them at their own game by threatening a lawsuit. WT Society told them to leave me alone. So I once again had peace restored to my life. Crazy stuff man- I tell you

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Out since 1987 so you would think, ok I have done all the evil stuff went wild (what JWs think when one leave) but now I'am in my 70 's and it's time to go back to Jehovah..Think you knuckle heads I'am not crawling back to the truth, why not????? Is it stubbornness on my part or maybe slowness of mind but what ever the reason have you brain dead folks ever thought about why after so many years you haven't come back to the truth....

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Thanks everyone for your response so far,

One thought that struck me,

(and mixing with my own)

is that jws, especially family are thinking:

Come back to Jehovah,

meaning come out of the "mud"

Because we are "assuredly living the life of drunken gambler"

Rather than the life of a thinking person who can't pretend to live the lie of belief anymore,

Thanks again,

:0)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I'm in a small town and the elders here don't really seem to care to deal with things they aren't forced to. My wife and oldest daughter are still believers and regular attenders. This past Christmas the COBE (if that's still the current term) and his wife happened to be in line in front of me while I was buying Christmas tree paraphernalia ... awkward ... when I got home I told my wife if he said anything to tell him that I don't celebrate it or recognize it as a religious holiday ... she told him, he had a laugh. I'm still considered inactive.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only real way to get them to leave you alone is to DA. If you are DF'd they still wish to control you, DA'd, yea they will shun you, but not wish to call on you etc *

* Unless your Elders a right pains in the arse who feel obliged to harass any former member.

I am not DF or DA, but have challenged a number of Elders to prove to me that what they now teach is the Truth, they haven't attempted it, and they leave me alone, and spread the word to the R&F to leave me alone too.

Perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit