Awww, you "love and miss us"? Really? Then why ignore us?

by stuckinarut2 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So we received the obligatory "shoved under the door" memorial invitation and "return to Jehovah" brochure the other week. It also had a hand written note from two elders saying "we love and miss you" etc...

So why then when one of them saw us at the grocery store, did he pretend to not see us and then ignore and quickly walk away?

The sincerity is wonderful....

Dont get me wrong, we dont want any attention from them, but it's an interesting observation anyway....

• talesin
    talesin

For me, that expression was 'the last straw' in having family ties. Said at my grandfather's visitation at the funeral home, and I was in grief and so put off by the phoniness of it all. I replied "Oh, really? My number is in the book."

That was the last time I saw most of my rellies. And good riddance. xx

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yes, my mother pulled the same ... "so and so really misses you and would love to see you"! I offered to meet them for coffee as long as the topic was religion was off the table. Funny thing ... they don't miss me that much now.

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    Yup got that too at mtg this weekend after not be in there for weeks, many people approached me "aw we missed you so much, i was going to text you".... oh "was" ??? Oh that means you didn't & why do you have to see me st mtg to tell me, you have my ###!!!".... i thought about saying it but held my tongue!!!
  • C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

The instructions are clear:

Also, please follow closely the instructions in the May 23, 2010, letter to all bodies of elders as you endeavor to invite inactive ones to the Memorial and special talk. As you meet with them, please convey the love and concern of the Governing Body and the local congregation. (1 Thess. 2:7, 8) Offer to help with transportation or to provide any other practical assistance so that they can be in attendance. As noted above, please ensure that they have received a personal copy of the Return to Jehovah brochure. A modest supply of the brochure should be kept on hand (though not displayed) at public witnessing locations for the benefit of inactive ones
    This year, in addition to visiting inactive ones, you should make a special effort to invite dis-fellowshipped ones to the Memorial and the special public talk. (See the Shepherding textbook, chap-ter 10, paragraph 1, for direction on who qualify to be visited.) A copy of Return to Jehovah should be left with such individuals. As a reminder, the visit should be kind and positive, but brief.

They are required to convey their love for you. It has nothing to do with actual feelings...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes..."required to"....

Thus highlighting the "conditional love" that exists, only IF you conform.....

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    the 7 dudes in brooklynn are to blame for that contradiction. Their policy on shunning flies completely in the face of showing love!!!!!! Their policy reminds me of a school kid picking petals of a flower....love you, love you not, love you love you not........
  • sparky1
    sparky1

WE.....LOVE....YOU....Beep....Beep....Beep....We....LOVE....YOU....Beep...Beep.... Beep....WE....LOVE....YOU....Beep....Beep....Beep.......................

• pronomono
    pronomono
    Yep, I felt the love of this requirement, too, for the memorial invite. Totally fake and put off to the last minute. That was the first time a JW had come to see me in over a year. Not one call. Like you, I didn't mind it. It was nice being left alone. But at the same time it really shows their lack of love and highlights their actions only come from an insincere sense of obligation.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane
    You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit