vicki boer vs watchtower new information

by needs_lots 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

.... my understanding is Vicki's lawyer and Colin Stevenson completed an "Intent to Appeal".

An intent to appeal only gives the basis or lays a foundation for a possible appeal later.

This is NOT an official APPEAL or an official cross appeal. They were only done by both parties counsel incase the legal costs issue did not pan out for either side.

It is very important that the context of what is actually going on be provided to the board.

hawk

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Yes,

I had given my lawyer a very good understanding of the jw's. In fact I know he knows the way the work very well. As was mentioned here before in an earlier post, He represented another jw elder in many lawsuits against the society. So this is not new to him. From what I understand from my lawyer is we have to wait until aug 22 or so to find out what the next step will be. I have been told by a source that they intented to appeal the whole time, and I doubt they will drop the appeal even if we do. But then again.....I could be wrong. You just never know what they will do or say.

Iam very interested in knowing about this family discussion that was mentioned. Could you pm me please.

Iam working on another angle this week, if it all pans out I will let the board know the news. Iam awaiting al call from a very important person, so I have to leave for now. I will be back later.

vic

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks, Hawk, for the update.

It is very important that the context of what is actually going on be provided to the board. -hawk

This board (including me) can take a thought and make it grow.....in many directions. None of those directions necessarily being accurate to the subject.

waiting

• Special K
    Special K

Hi vicky

I just wanted to say again that I admire your courage...

To most people, the fact that some so called "worldly people", at a family reunion, are having heated discussions on what you are going through because they have been reading about your case in the newspapers.. would seem trivial.

But for you, I consider my writing and telling you about this, as giving you very positive feedback about how your case is reaching out and touching peoples emotions in a very positive way.

In fact, .. because of reading these posts of yours on the forum.. it lead me to want to know about you and what had happened .. so.. a day or so ago, I went to Silent Lambs and read your whole transcript of the trial.

The reading of the transcript and what you have posted here.. as well as our few pm's back and forth has moved me more than words can ever express.

Tonight, as I responded to a topic on the forum called....

"A Minimus type Question"

As I was typing a response to that.. all of a sudden my true feelings about Jehovah's Witnesses and what sparked me leaving them broiled over. It broiled over into an admittance to myself as to why I actually did finally leave the WT Society.

It was a revelation for me to explore this in my mind and realize the events that lead up to me questioning Jehovah's Witnesses.. and questioning where the heck is the boundary line between the elders and God. .. and who has the power, and more importantly, who should not have the power.

and now I find it overwhelming to my psyche to read my thoughts on the post that I made... not only to you but also on the topic that I told you about..

After you read my post on that,,.. I want you personally to understand how your strong convictions to seek justice when at times it may seem that the whole thing might come tumbling down.. has not been in vain.. and it never will be in vain..

Because you.. have helped me...

thanks

love

Special K

• Special K
    Special K

I got your pm. needs_alot

thanks

Special K

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    The watchtower feels that the $5000.00 decision was "excessive".

now that's the Watchtower we all know and loved. UNREAL.

Hang-in there girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just make sure you don't post too much information about the case here... for all you know the WTS is watching and trying to gather as much info as possible.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

BRAVO, Vicki!

Good to see ya here, cherie....don't get carpet burns on yer chin...it'll turn out all right....just wait 'n see, chickadee!

Frannie B

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

elsewhere,

your right. I tend to get carried away with the moment. My emotions are so up and down, and you are all like family to me, I tend to forget that there are wolves amoung these sheep. I try to keep everyone here updated so that this case is not forgotten, and I want people to know what happens every step of the way. Frannie you are very cute and funny. Have I met you before? I will try and keep my chin off the hardwood floors I have, slivers are worse than carpet burns. We are going to try to drive to toronto to hear what the judge says on the 22nd. It is a long ways from my home, but I was hoping to meet up with an exjws from toronto. Pm me anyone from toronto, and we can plan to meet for some "up building" conversation. Not sure yet, but will know when soon. hey all,

vic

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Vicki, we hadn't met before, cher, but WELCOME to the board....there are some Canucks in my XJdub support group, I'll post the part of your reply concerning wanting to meet up with some xjdubs from Toronto area on the support group list, with your permission, of course, and see what happens, chica...lemme know.

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit