vicki boer vs watchtower new information

by needs_lots 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• needs_lots
    needs_lots

Last week my lawyer appealed the judges decision , based on the fact that we are not sure what will happen with costs. Now that we have appealed, the watchtower also cross appealed with 10 pages of why the "judge erred". Looks like this has openned a whole can of worms. We are not sure what this means. Our lawyer appealed without letting us know, and now we are not sure what to do. Our lawyer just says we will see what happens aug 28th at the court house when the judge will give her decision on costs. They are still going after me for costs, and now the cross appeal. The watchtower feels that the $5000.00 decision was "excessive". They also think that the judge erred in her finding that " the plantiff felt she had no choice but to follow the process directed by the jw elders"" "the judge erred in finding that there was a duty of care imposed on the defendant wt." ..the judge erred "in finding that the plaintiff had been forbidden to develop relationships with anyone outside the faith and had been trained to obey the elders without question and that disobeying the elders was literally inconceivable to the plaintiff at the time." These are just a few points they make. There are 20 or more points.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    "" "the judge erred in finding that there was a duty of care imposed on the defendant wt." ..the judge erred "in finding that the plaintiff had been forbidden to develop relationships with anyone outside the faith and had been trained to obey the elders without question

What lying bastards!!! Every JW KNOWS the above is true.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Would the stuff that your lawyer didn't use last time, i.e Flock book be allowed now?

If so, maybe this could backfire on the WT.

Ignored One (of the dunno much about law class).

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Vicki))))) Hang in there, hon!

Nina

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    They also think that the judge erred in her finding that " the plantiff felt she had no choice but to follow the process directed by the jw elders"" "the judge erred in finding that there was a duty of care imposed on the defendant wt." ..the judge erred "in finding that the plaintiff had been forbidden to develop relationships with anyone outside the faith and had been trained to obey the elders without question and that disobeying the elders was literally inconceivable to the plaintiff at the time."

You've got to be kidding! (speachless) I'm just so shocked by their lies.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You know nothing they do anymore surprises me. They think they got away with something and want to see how far they can take it

I'm just sorry these problems are still with you Vicki. You deserve better than this crap they dish out

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I hope these might help:

The Truth is not part of our life, it is our life. Everything else revolves around it."(Our Kingdom Ministry, December, 1998, p.3)

w57 6/15 p. 370 Overseers of Jehovah’s People ***It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

*** w69 3/15 p. 172 What Influences Decisions in Your Life? ***Jehovah’s organization as directed by his "faithful and discreet slave" class should influence our every decision also

w76 2/15 p. 124 You Must Be Holy Because Jehovah Is Holy ***Will we hesitate in applying counsel, perhaps pondering in our mind as to what we want to do about it? If that would be the case, wouldn’t we really be asking ourselves the question, ‘Do we really want the rulership of God?’ Would not a failure to respond to direction from God through his organization really indicate a rejection of divine rulership?

w81 12/1 p. 14 "Kingdom Loyalty"—What Does It Mean to You? ***What is your attitude toward directives from "the faithful and discreet slave"? Loyalty should move you to be "ready to obey." (Jas. 3:17) Always try to capture the spirit of information published by the "slave" class. Then convey this to the congregation. The brothers need your loyal example as you cooperate with the rest of the body of elders. They need your support in the ministry and all congregation arrangements. Your loyalty will be rewarded as surely as David’s was. (Ps. 18:1-3, 25) You will have a clear conscience, peace of mind and a loyally united, strong congregation.

w87 2/1 p. 19 Doing Our Utmost to Declare the Good News ***First of all, there is the matter of being obedient and ready to respond to encouragement. When direction and encouragement come from the proper source, it is only right that we should respond readily. Thus, rather than viewing these qualities as mere national traits, we keep in mind Jesus’ words: "My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27) We also remember that one feature of "the wisdom from above" is being "ready to obey." (James 3:17) These are qualities that all Christians are encouraged to put on. Due to background and upbringing, some may be more given to independent thinking and self-will than others. Perhaps this is an area where we need to discipline ourselves and ‘make our mind over’ so that we can perceive more clearly what the "will of God" is.—Romans 12:2.

*** w89 9/15 p. 22 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***Paul urges us to obey those governing us spiritually. We are to "be submissive," to yield to these undershepherds

*** w89 9/15 p. 22 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***Jehovah would be displeased if we failed to be obedient and submissive to Christian overseers

*** w89 9/15 p. 21 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***
    Why
    Obey Them? 3 Since Christian undershepherds have been provided by the Great Shepherd, Jehovah God, how do you think he wants us to view them? Surely, God expects us to follow the Bible-based direction received through loving overseers under the supervision of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses
  • Xandria
    Xandria

Oh no! Vicki~ I cannot believe this bull. So you are going to go through another process? Why didn't the lawyer discuss this with you? After all, it is your husband and you going through the process again. It should of been discussed and prepared for.. not dragging you into another battle with out preparing you for it.

Then the WTS's b/s whining about all this. I hope the next judge not only supports the other judge's decision but adds to it by adding a better monitary settlement to the case. An making a positive ending for you on this matter. Hang in there Vicki.

X.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey needs_alot,

I think you needs_alot of hugs.. so here is mine

((((((((Needs_alot)))))) ((((((Needs_alot))))))) (((((((Needs_alot))))))

the only suggestions I can give here.. is to make sure your eating well, getting enough sleep..drawing close to the ones who love you most who are around you. And keep in mind that we are behind you all the way.. if only in our words and thoughts.

Thanks again for your courage in all this.

And hope that the J.W. organization gets lots of bad publicity.. sometimes when someone thinks they are winning they are also .. very much in the loosing end of things.. for their reputation is being marred.

sincerely

Special K

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Thanks, elsewhere, for posting those articles.

Vicki, if you have any copy of these article, you've got to make a copy and show them to you lawyer so that he can present them to the judge. Is there any way the judge can see another witness? He's gotta see this is a big fat lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit