The bitter reality of death

by Bonsai 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Been a lot of death in my life recently. A close family member ( a zealous JW) died yesterday. A close friend died 8 weeks ago - both from cancer. It was hard seeing them wilt away like a flower cut from its stem. They weakened, they suffered and they died in pain.

In a time when they needed encouragement, in a moment where they needed to be comforted I couldn't think of anything to say. I had no hope to give out. I had no comforting words to explain why we must die in such an undignified way.

My anger at a non-existing god and my rage toward the cult I was raised in has turned my heart to stone.

Death never comes at a convenient time. Death never comes after you've fully prepared for it. It just rushes in like a tsunami and sweeps us all away wide-eyed and terrified.

Death is all around us and hovering over those whom we love. Life is bitterly short and full of pain and then an abrupt end. When you find yourself going, when you find yourself dying, the world doesn't stop for you and there is nothing you can do - there is nothing anyone can do.

Every day that you find yourself waking up healthy and sound is a day more precious than any metal. Life is bitterly short, so please value each day like it may be your last and never take even one minute of it for granted.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm with you. I know how ou feel and can only sympathise.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

I really liked your post. Thank you for this, and condolences.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"A generation comes and a generation goes . . . . No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them." ~ Eccl 1:4,11

There is some truth to the Bible.

Doc

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good post. I loathe cancer.

• sir82
    sir82

Death is all around us and hovering over those whom we love. Life is bitterly short and full of pain and then an abrupt end.

I think there's a job for you as a Trump speechwriter.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Thank you for sharing your feelings.

I am so sorry for you, losing your loved ones is infinitely painful. My condolences.

Cancer sucks. I watched, helplessly, two of my favorite people suffer and die of cancer.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

It sucks because my mother-in-law could've extended her life a few weeks with a blood transfusion. She instead refused and suddenly died alone in the hospital. None of us could get there in time to say goodbye. My wife is devastated.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Very sorry for your loss Bonsai.

Stay strong and treasure each day.

om

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry for your loss Bonsai, I am sure that must be very hard. I am struggling myself with all the recent news reports, it's almost too much to take in, so I feel your pain.

Your words are so true, no matter what we may be going through, each day is a gift and we should treasure it.

Lisa 🌹

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit