Happy 240th Anniversary of America's "Brexit" ;)

by breakfast of champions 7 Replies latest social humour

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

From one of the original Thirteen Colonies (New Jersey) wishing Happy Independence day to everyone in the U.S.!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

BOC

• Simon
    Simon

Another mistaken referendum.

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

Simon, are you a Royalist? Oh! You are British!

• talesin
    talesin

BOC, Happy Fourth!

We celebrated Canada Day last week, and though I'm almost a 'senior', the fireworks still thrill me. I'm spellbound by them, like a little kid. : )

For Americans, I understand it is a *big deal*, and I don't mean that sarcastically. National pride is not that important to people from many other cultures - we just . don't . get it. That being said ...

Have a great Independence Day - I'm sure it has symbolic undertones of your freedom from the Cult, and your right as an American, to be proud of your heritage.

(my emoticons aren't working, but picture the party one! haha... : )

• just fine
    just fine

It always brings a little tear to my eye. I am so thankful to be a citizen of the USA. I love this country and the freedom to choose whatever I want. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• talesin
    talesin

just fine

There are times I get that tear in my eye, too. I feel eternally grateful to be born Canadian - hey, I did nothing to earn it, no pride here - just gratitude. I love my 'Muricans, too.

You're so right .. we are lucky, and I happily kiss the ground and hug the trees of My Canada. ! xx

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Belated celebrations America. Hail to freedom and democracy
  • just fine
    just fine

Talesin - love Canada too..... Many fond memories of visiting Canada because The drinking age was 18 πŸ˜€. I am so grateful for the freedoms we have that others do not - we really are so lucky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit