A lot of newbies WOW !!! has the Watchtower been advertising this site ???

by run dont walk 12 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

Wow, there is a lot of newbies lately, heck I've only been here 3-4 months, has the Watchtower been having lots and lots of talks on apostate sites ???

why do you suppose there are so many new people joining in ???

Watchtower been advertising for this site ???

• cat1759
    cat1759

Yes on the back of the Watchtower! Every Sunday they annouce the sites to never click on for if you are caught you will be expelled!

Just teasing!

Cathy

• Scully
    Scully

Well, for starters, there was a talk at the District Convention called "Beware of the Voice of Strangers". This talk included a section on the dangers that lurk on the internet. Apparently even "if you know the person personally who set up the webpage representing Jehovah's Witnesses" the counsel was clear:

"There is no need for any individual to prepare internet pages about Jehovah's Witnesses, our activities or our beliefs." - Our Kingdom Ministry, November 97, page 3.

Then they got into a discussion of Psalm 26:4

"Notice at Psalm 26:4 how the psalmist, David, expressed his feelings about the very thing we've been discussing. We're talking about how on the internet you can communicate with people anywhere on earth, people you don't know, you may never get to know. Notice what the psalmist said at Psalm 26:4. I have not sat with men of untruth, and with those who hide what they are I do not come in. How many people out there in the world, especially on the internet, hide what they are? So we need to exercise extreme cautionso that we don't find ourselves personally associating with those who hide what they are in various ways. So friends, Beware of the voice of strangers on the internet."

Earlier in the talk, the human need for association and communication was discussed, with words of caution:

"We all need association; we all need communication. We thrive on it. As Jehovah's people, we enjoy the best of both worlds, so to speak with our brothers and sisters, don't we? We're experiencing that this very weekend. But there's another kind of association and communication that we need to talk about that we need to be aware of. We've touched on it briefly: Strangers who don't respect Bible principles and who like to promote their perversions and their perverse ideas and opinions via the internet.

"Now you know how it is: through e-mail or through internet chat rooms you can communicate with people you don't know in any corner of the earth, any part of the world. Some of these people may claim to be Jehovah's Witnesses, but they're not. One may claim to be a youth to communicate with a youth, but he's not. Another may claim to be of a certain gender, but he's not. So brothers, think about this: Would you invite a stranger into your home without first finding out who he is? What if there's no way to find out? Would you allow your children to be alone with that stranger, even if you didn't know anything about that person? Of course not! And you're thinking 'That's ridiculous! Why even ask that question?' But the fact is that this is an indisputable possibility over the internet."

So yeah, my guess is that this talk piqued more curiosity than it squashed. All I can say to that is GOOD!! heh heh

Love, Scully

• jnomdeplume@yahoo
    jnomdeplume@yahoo

When people go to google.com and type in "Jehovah's," Watchtower has paid to have it so that they usually see Watchtower's own website but if they continue a bit they find this or other websites that expose Watchtower's UN alliance, their sending "repentant" pedophiles door-to-door and hiding them and the the like.

• garybuss
    garybuss

"So Friends, hypothetically, and I repeat hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, "Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!". Yes, even if it were one of Jehovah's angels."
    (Minute 23, Beware The Voice Of Strangers, District Convention Of Jehovah's Witnesses, July, 2003)

So What if that angel from Jehovah poses as a writer at the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and writes an article that does not "fit" in the "pattern of truth", and that article gets published in the Watchtower magazine? Comments? GaryB

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

I think the GB and other key men of the WT org are scared shitless of the internet, look at all the hyped-up double talk designed to frighten the average JW from practically any form of two way comunication over the internet unless you absolutely know the person on the other end.

They must know their days are numbered and the internet will eventually break up their cover of darkness. The internet is here to stay and will become more and more a part of every day life of every one everywhere. The internet offers a flood of information in exposing mind control cults, and it is all in the privacy of your own home.

Can you imagine the uneasiness these spin doctors(GB) are feeling as they see their hypocrisy being exposed and more and more elders and others they rely on turning on them. They know also that there are many who are in the Org that are spies and want to do the most damage they can to the Wt before they get found out. The GB are sitting on a potential powder keg and they know it.

• Panda
    Panda

Does the WTS realize the summer DA's are pointing the dubs to the internet... "don't go there because some bad evil person will get hold of your spirituality ... and poof like magic like a charging lion or a gazelle holy spirit will leave you (alone finally) ... Well I see now why they need to use cut/paste articles in the mags now.

The newbies are here for information and support. I've found both. Although no one seems to appreciate my history lessons *snif snif * I can take it.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Well, I can tell ya this newbie's interest was piqued by references to JW.com's forum from another ExJW in an online support group....and it stands to reason...tis the season for 'em to take "a pause to see"....

Frannie B

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

During the protestatnt reformation - the printing press had been invented and the "established and mother church" was scared shitless by it -- presses were destroyed and the inquisition started -- hell common people could raed the scriptures in thier own language!!!.

The WTBTS simililarly called the television when invented Satans tool. Any invention that helps the free flow of information like the internet scares any high control organization like the WTBTS. Randy Waters published a series of articles on this subject over the last 2 or 3 years www.freeminds.org . So in my opinion, if history teaches us anything -- which it always does and should, the number of newbies on this site (and others) who like truth and free flow of infomation will continue to grow. The internet is a genie that is out of the bottle and can not be put back in -- the sooner the WTBTS realize and accept this -- the better it will be for them.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "Notice at Psalm 26:4 how the psalmist, David, expressed his feelings about the very thing we've been discussing. We're talking about how on the internet you can communicate with people anywhere on earth, people you don't know, you may never get to know. Notice what the psalmist said at Psalm 26:4. I have not sat with men of untruth, and with those who hide what they are I do not come in. How many people out there in the world, especially on the internet, hide what they are? So we need to exercise extreme cautionso that we don't find ourselves personally associating with those who hide what they are in various ways. So friends, Beware of the voice of strangers on the internet."

This is so typical of the Society's crazy, Alice-in-Wonderland innuendo double talk. They don't deny anything, that is until you confront them and then will they deny it. But in a non-denial denial sort of way. It can't be their fault, even if they said it. It's your fault for hearing it.

Backwards talk they do.

I do agree that we should not associate with "men of untruth, and with those who hide what they are". That is why I consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be bad association. I cannot in good conscience have dealings with them. Their standards are too low.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit