Ever wonder how to be "saved" as a JW?

by sir82 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

I was searching for something on the WT online library, and was struck by all the requirements a JW has in order to be "saved".

Want to see a partial list? All these found by searching for "salvation depends" on wol. jw. org:

salvation depends on faithfulness and endurance

salvation depends on learning and using the pure language

salvation depends on our coming to “an accurate knowledge of truth.”

salvation depends mainly on our faith in Christ’s ransom sacrifice.

Salvation depends on calling upon Jehovah’s name in faith

salvation depends on Jehovah’s undeserved kindness

salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed “brothers”

salvation depends on people’s understanding God’s Word and following it

salvation depends on our turning away from bad ways and complying with what God requires

salvation depends on our having a clean conscience

Phew! That's a lot of hoops to jump through! That's 10 right there. That's all Moses had. But we're just getting started!

salvation depends on the precious blood of Christ

salvation depends on our remaining in union with Christ and producing good spiritual fruitage

salvation depends on our “walking in the truth”

salvation depends on having faith in the good news and walking in the truth

salvation depends, not on anything we might do, but on Jehovah’s undeserved kindness

(wait I'm confused - I thought salvation depended on this list of 897 or so things we have to do?)

salvation depends upon having the correct understanding

salvation depends on recognizing and obeying Jesus as our Savior

Salvation depends on displaying humility

salvation depends on the course of the individual

salvation depends on acknowledging Jesus as Lord and Messiah

Wow, we're up to 20 requirements to be saved!

Any more?

You betcha!

salvation depends on acknowledging that Jehovah alone is God

salvation depends on working faithfully as his dedicated slaves

salvation depends on obedience to God in such things

salvation depends on the course of the individual

salvation depends on paying more than the usual attention to what God’s Son has spoken

salvation depends upon their preaching as Christ did

Well there you go!

Just do all 26 things, and you too can be saved!

Unless of course I missed some items by not doing a search on "salvation requires", "in order to be saved you must", "being saved means"....

Yikes! I better get busy! There's probably a couple dozen other things I have to do!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

To Summarize: Salvation depends on your unquestioning faithfulness to WT

• Half banana
    Half banana

Hey good people, do you all feel lost or are you in need of being saved in the first place?

It's a bit like a quack doctor telling you that you are suffering from a deadly disease (Peccatus adamicus), something that you weren't aware you had -- and then being told by this dodgy medic that you must buy his medicine because only he can cure you.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Biblically speaking, salvation/justification depends on knowing Father and Son.

It is the gift of God, so that no one can boast. Ro.6:23

Unfortunately, many may want to point to their wonderful works on that day, yet He will say; "I never knew you"

• btlc
    btlc

Well, since May 13, 2019, JW has a new baptismal questions, it is enough to answer "YES" to first of it: (1) “Have you repented of your sins, dedicated yourself to Jehovah, and accepted his way of salvation through Jesus Christ?” and voila, you are saved!

• Ding
    Ding

“Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed ‘brothers’ of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into “everlasting cutting-off” or receive ‘everlasting life.’” (WT, 8/1/81, p. 26)

“Just as the anointed ‘branches’ of the ‘true vine’ must remain in union with Christ, the ‘other sheep’ must remain in close union with ‘the faithful and discreet slave,’ Christ’s anointed ‘brothers.’ Only thus can they hope to ‘inherit the Kingdom prepared for them from the founding of the world.’” (WT, 8/15/83, p. 23)

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Salvation depends on: Obeying and being in total 100% agreement with whatever the governing body says the truth is currently, and denying that whatever they said the truth was last year was ever said, and believing that even quotes from WT that are 180 degrees from what is said this year was ever printed and are only lies by apostates.

• caves
    caves

Oh, and I just simply adore the scripture that they use. "Do all these things and probably you will be concealed in the day of jehovahs anger."

Probably! Oh hell no! jeho has got me totally 'f'ed up!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Salvation currently depends on (or really helps) setting up a nice fat electronic bank withdrawal / contribution to the local KH. Inquiring on how to also make electronic contributions directly to Headquarters is a huge plus.

You will be put into the Salvation Express Line.

Rub a Dub

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Salvation from what exactly ? an invented "guilt" that has been built upon the discredited work of ( 90%) Fiction known as the Bible ? what nonsense ! a very good analogy from Half Banana above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit