All downloads no longer hosted on jw.org

by neat blue dog 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fugue
    fugue

In simple terms, scalable hosting means the more copies of your big files people download, the more you pay.

I think all x jw's should be downloading the biggest files as often as possible.

Download, delete, repeat. Make them pay.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I guess if you wanted to, sure. Even if every person on here downloaded a video a million times, it wouldn't really make a financial dent. It would be more like a rounding error.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Outsourcing their construction, outsourcing their printing, outsourcing their legal needs, outsourcing their web hosting...

...before too long, they'll even be outsourcing the ministry. :smirk:

• average joe
    average joe

Can anyone show me something official please where the watchtower is outsourcing their printing and legal needs? I would like to see this thank you.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The WT have used external lawyers for years. I don't have documents on this but I am sure there will be a paper trail to support this around the web as the WT has never hidden it and it's hardly a scandal - "multi-national corp uses external lawyers to support internal legal capability" is not exactly news.

The printing side of things is all rumour as far as I can tell. I think we just need to wait and see as the paper trail confirming this, if it is true, will come to light sooner or later. Again, even if it is true it's not exactly a scandal except that the WTS has pumped it's nuts up about doing things inside the organisation for years and years as evidence of Jehovah's blessing and how the organisation will be able to do anything in the New Order.

• average joe
    average joe

yeah i agree konceptual99 its not a big deal or a scandel to use outside lawyers its just when i read jw's are outsourcing everything then it catches my attention. I mean they have new top of the line printers that require only a few people to manage.I doubt they would outsource the printing work, I just dont think they would leave that in someone elses hands.

Outsourcing web hosting seems to be a wise decision.

I have not heard they are outsourcing construction though either.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm hoping the explanation is that all the people who used to be in Bethel have moved out and abandoned the religion. Now there is only 1 guy left running things with levers and knobs behind a giant curtain, like Wizard of Oz, which is why he needed to outsource some stuff.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

AJ - they have been using outside contractors on building projects, including halls, for a while now. They even have an article about it on JW.org at the moment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit