The point at which you think this may not be the truth

by LevelThePlayingField 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

When we saw the hypocrisy and double speak. The blatant lack of love from some members. Abuse from the Elders and CO's. When we heard the zone meeting talk by Anthony Morris, that was it. It was over for us. We will NEVER return.

Once you learn TTATT, you can not go back

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Reading Keith Casarona's "New Boy" NY City Bethel stories and the ill treatment the kids got there plus the sweat shop mentality and factory politics proved to me beyond a doubt that it was just a printing - publishing business cult with franchises. God seemed to have little to do with anything over there. Read Brock Talon's version ( God's House ) then both of Ray's books, William Schnell's 30 Years a WT Slave capped off with Gruss's 4 Presidents of The WT. Result : Cured from any organised religion forever. Biblical Christian here, plain and simple and Yes as per OP I asked God to show me, regardless of the consequences.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

deegee, you asked:

"I am always curious when someone claims that God showed them something.

How does God do this?

Why didn't God show you that the truth as JW's know it isn't the truth from the very beginning?"

Well, I don't really have an answer for that. You have a good point. Why wouldn't have God shown me the truth about the JW's from the beginning? I really don't know. I don't have a logical answer for that. I guess for me, it's one step at a time. But you make a really good point. At the time back in the 80's when I was praying to know God, I got involved with the JW's and I thought that was God's answer. Now I know it wasn't God. I think God allows us to find our own way.

At least, that's what I think now. One thing is for sure. I'm not going head-long toward any religion right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit