Do JWs believe that animals were created to live in harmony? Lion and the lamb

by Doubledecker 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Death is certainly needed in the natural world. In spiritual context, it is an enemy. In his humanity Jesus is a spiritual Lamb and Lion as well ☺️

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I never understood that either, especially when I saw their fangs or canines, don't use those for eating vegetation. Besides that when there are no predators to keep the prey in check, things go from bad to worse.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Maybe it was just wishful thinking on the part of the bible writers. Unlike today nature was all around them trying to kill or eat them. So in their wishful thinking they wrote of a time when animals would do no harm to humans. Nothing like a fantasy becoming a mainstream teaching for a cult. Still Totally ADD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I always had trouble picturing tyrannosaurs munching on leaves, even as a kid.

And, in fact, as a died-in-the-wool shit-disturber, I’d often call out literalist JWs when they were dumb enough to bring up this very subject...

...I’d ask, “if all dinosaurs were herbivorous, why have they found allosaurus teeth embedded in brontosaurus bones?”

The deer-in-the-headlights look never got old, and what’s more, I never got in trouble for it, either.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Still Totally ADD - Unlike today, nature was all around them trying to kill or eat them.“

Dont kid yourself.

It’s still like that in plenty of places around the world.

Just Google “Australian wildlife”. 😏

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOUBLEDECKER:

I never believed that Witness bedtime story either about the peaceful animals in the ‘new system’.

As others have mentioned here, there is much evidence that animals were designed to kill.

• waton
    waton
    animals were designed to kill

LHG: not just animals, but some plants, bacteria, viruses too, ---- they possibly designed themselves using the universal instructions for this universe.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Vidiot I stand corrected but the borg for the most part are city people. Unlike Australia the US does not have the problem with wildlife as much as those down under. Point is those folks back then lived alot closer to nature than the average person here in the US today. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• atomant
    atomant

mosquitos spiders flies and other biting disease spreading insects will be told not to bite humans in the new system as well.With regard to all the billions of corpses laying around rotting after harmageddon the official reasoning is that the birds and animals will eat the bodys.How could peaceful animals be capable of devouring human flesh in a new system?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Every living thing on this earth ,lives off the death of some other living thing.

It always has been and always will be .

From the microscopic to the largest animal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit