Do JWs believe that animals were created to live in harmony? Lion and the lamb

by Doubledecker 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubledecker
    Doubledecker

Thanks to all who replied to my first post, I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I left JWs for my own reasons as a teenager as I just simply didn’t believe it . I am enjoying playing catch up with all the information out there now showing multiple examples of false prophecies , covering up the truth and the JW broadcasting stuff is amazing ( as said before I’ve just ignored the organisation for 30 years ) , it’s totally brainwashing evangelical propaganda.

However I digress ...

As a young kid I used to ask , “if in paradise the “ lion will lay with lamb “ and all creatures will live in harmony, why for example does a snake have venom if not to eat another creature ?”

Like I say I was 10 years old I remember so please excuse the childish question.

But do they actually believe that was Gods original plan for animals ? I never understood why a cheetah would need to run at 100kph to catch a potato.

Im not going to ask my still in family as they will probably see it as an ‘interest’ !

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Lion Eating grass. Original Picture taken before Noahs flood.

• Doubledecker
    Doubledecker

everapostate haha

• Magnum
    Magnum

I know for a fact that they used to teach that, and I think they still do, but that they don't mention it (at least not much).

That issue was the main objection I had to overcome when I finally gave in and became a JW. And my overcoming it was not getting an answer to it. I just put it on the back burner as I was told to. I was told to put "the truth" first, and I would get an answer to my question later. Of course, no JW could answer it at the time, and I never got an answer to it; in fact, the question grew in intensity over the years. I gathered vast evidence that made the teaching that animals didn't kill each other before the flood seem ridiculous.

I used to even gather evidence from Watchtower publications. For example, I remember an article detailing how a certain bird of prey has two sets of eyelids - one regular and one translucent. The article said that the translucent one was used by the bird as it was pursuing its prey; it enabled it to blink and not lose sight of its prey. 'Praise Jah for his marvelous design.' I was wondering why such an eyelid would be needed if animals weren't originally designed to kill each other?

Another article described a particular bird that lived in or spent a lot of time in reeds (the tall grassy-like plants). The article described how the bird instinctively swayed in sync with the reeds as the wind blew so it could blend in and avoid predators. 'Praise Jah for his marvelous design.' I was wondering why animals would need a defensive strategy if there originally was no "offense"?

So, really, it's not only all the evidence we in predators that makes the JW teaching seem ridiculous, but all the defensive strategies we see in nature also make the teaching seem ludicrous, for there would be no need for such if there were no predators.

I won't do it now because I was planning on starting a new topic about it, but I could list pages of evidence against the JW belief.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

“if in paradise the “ lion will lay with lamb “ and all creatures will live in harmony "

Not ever going to happen for this propagation is fictional mythology.

Men for longest time have dreamed about what they would like to change about the world in which we live, like no more pain and suffering, no more death , animals not killing each other for food to survive. etc.

Nice heartfelt thoughts no doubt but to achieve these things one and has to honest and realistic. The tangible evidence of nature is that all living things must die to make the availability for newly procreated organisms to evolve.

Of course when your a child its a nice thought of animals living in harmony, sounding emotionally appealing. I did .

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I doubt the priests of Israel ever believed in literal vegetarian lions. Dream on 😄😄

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

In fact this was one of my first doubts. I remember asking my bible study conductor why lions and other animals have bodies, teeth and claws which are perfect to eat other animals.

I distinctly remember that he didn't have an answer and just told me in a somewhat annoyed way that I had to have faith.

• waton
    waton

just 3 thoughts ,

who says predators are carnivores? the term has taken on another more ominous meaning, reason to hide.

all animals in the new world will not be vegetarians, birds will pick the bones clean.

Death is a tool of evolution, by early death of the the not so fit. so: --since paradise is perfection, evolution has run it's course, no more death needed. need some dislikes, for the sake of ne neuron connections.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the questions are not childish. the answers they gave us were

• Doubledecker
    Doubledecker

@magnum @redvip2000 Glad it wasn’t just me then ! ☺️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit