OF DOGS AND BITES AND BIKES AND THINGS

by Terry 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Terry
    Terry

Village Idiot-They start at around $700.

I've seen them on the bike trails.
    I could never afford a $700 anything!
    It took me months to save for a move-in in a new place to live.

On the practical side, I do ride on city streets mostly (sidewalks when feasible) and I'd be invisible to traffic. It is probably not a pragmatic choice even if Santa peddled one under my imaginary tree this Christmas :)

They look like a lot of fun.

I still have my sense of balance. On a bike, that is--my mind hasn't been balanced in decades :)

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Laws will vary, state by state. This is the packaging a dog license comes in, in the state of Pennsylvania.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The owner of the dogs that attacked Terry should be fined for letting their dogs lose and viciously biting Terry.

I hope Terry you've followed up on reporting these specific owners, you have probable cause to even take these people to court for personal injury, particularly so being that you were on public property at the time.

• Terry
    Terry

Anon 2,

I knew I had to get back out on the bicycle within the shortest time possible or I might develop a phobia about riding. That would take away the thing which is most pleasurable for me right now, and maybe the most conducive to health.

Fear is a strange animal which lives inside us all. I've come in contact with it a few times and I have to say, it simply makes me very ANGRY.

Anything which makes me feel fear immediately converts to ANGER.

I think this is something preventing me from a 'shut down' and gears a pro-active action on my part.

When it comes down to it, I'm very uncomfortable curling up into a ball and whimpering :)

• Terry
    Terry

My understanding of the law is, in this instance, the principle of "restoration."

Namely, whatever the attack caused to lessen my well-being is what the Law would seek to restore.

For example: Doctor Bills, therapy, treatment, pain pills.

In my case, I don't have any of those problems. My bike wasn't damaged and my bites and lacerations were minimal to the point they are healing rather well.

I can't afford to hire a Johnny Cochran or "Jackie Chiles" for punitive damages because I can't demonstrate my life was altered in much of any way other than a terrifying five minutes of survival struggles :)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yep proactive is where you should be Terry, like buying a spray repellent and making sure the owners of those dogs are penalized, if they aren't they wont take notice and their dogs could very well attack another person strolling along on a bike.

Take care, rest up and do buy some spray repellent.

Another thing that crossed my mind is that there are bicycle tire pumps that fit under the top horizontal cross bar, extended they are about 2 feet long, these also could be detached quickly and give a dog a good whack on the snout.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

See where your coming from Terry, lawyers do cost money.

If you had really acquired some serious bite wounds it might be an option, the law firm

would just take out a portion from the awarded personal injury claim.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Do prepare to sue him Terry. As Finkelstein mentioned I'm sure some lawyers would likely take up your case without any upfront costs, just a percentage of the award. Even a mediocre lawyer can help you out. Don't worry about the merits of your case, that's up to an attorney to decide.

Sounds like an open and shut case which should not see any extended court actions just a quick settlement.

PS: Take pictures of your wounds and get a copy of any hospital records.

• Terry
    Terry

THANKS TO ALL!

You've been--as they use to say in the days of Richard the Lionheart--boon companions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit