Background and History of Hayden Cooper Covington and the Watchtower

by TerryWalstrom 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I found some old boxes of books and memorabilia from my stepfather. Among the items were letters asking Covington for help with the draft board (WWII) who were trying to deny his ministers classification despite his name being printed in the July 9 1941 issue of Consolation magazine under the list of WTBTS Ordained Ministers.

Covington's responses were pretty lame, basically saying "Just show the board your name in the magazine". Jerk

The good news is that hubby and I are selling his carefully preserved JW stuff on E-Bay and so far the bidding is brisk. :)

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Every personal interest story related to me vis a vis Covington is similar to yours. He was disinterested in low-profile aid to JW's. His motivation seems (just my impression) to hinge on publicity and legacy.

Two of my JW friends from the 1967-69 prison stint related disillusion and disappointment in his interpersonal manner and overall commitment to the actual prospect of a positive outcome. Each of them received five year sentences with a chance for parole every six months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit