Richness of personality seems to work against spiritual-mindedness,

by snugglebunny 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That is a strange thing for them to say in the ‘60s because the people in the Congs,and

those in charge were far more colourful than they are today. We( at home) were only reminiscing today about some of the really smart, funny , intelligent people that we knew and were proud to call friends. In my time I have known reformed criminals, ex hippies, past drug dealers who were then good people.... but certainly not “Watchtower clones”

of course all the men had served in the War which gave them a broader view of life than the ‘born ins’ running the show today,

It is now, in the 21st century that blandness is a pre requisite for being considered “spiritual “

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have similar memories of some very colourful people Blues. I have observed that as the years have rolled on they are appointing more and more, and only it seems " little grey men". ( Yes men).

But the point made by the O.P was certainly valid in my case, I never wanted to be an Elder, but for a number of years the Body of Elders used to struggle with why they couldn't appoint me, and I am sure that my outspoken ways, and being a big personality regardless of Org rules were the only things they could find.

A number of Elders over the years struggled to explain to me the reasoning of the Body, not that I asked for reasons, I always said " I am happy to serve my Brothers as an M.S ", but then they would say all the things that made me "qualified" and wished I would " work toward being an Elder, one even said " We really need people like you to be an Elder". But my being a bit of a character must have saved me from that fate !

• LeeT
    LeeT

"It also appears that inherited qualities have no small bearing on the extent to which we permit the holy spirit to have a free flow in our lives or tend to obstruct its activity."

Great, so Jehovah designed some people to be less receptive to heeding the advice of his chosen end times Organisation than others and will end up punishing those who didn't overcome their design flaws at Armageddon.

What a loving spiritual arrangement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit