Richness of personality seems to work against spiritual-mindedness,

by snugglebunny 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Are you bland enough? Just incredible IMHO. WT 63, 2/15

"Clearly, not all dedicated and even mature Christians possess the holy spirit to the same measure. There is no doubt that unselfishness, depth of devotion, self-control, humility, mildness of spirit, studiousness as regards God’s Word and zeal in God’s service have a bearing on how much of the holy spirit we have. It also appears that inherited qualities have no small bearing on the extent to which we permit the holy spirit to have a free flow in our lives or tend to obstruct its activity. Thus the more colorful the personality the more difficult for the holy spirit to saturate it fully. The colorful personality has more need of self-control and must in particular guard against the snare of creature worship. Richness of personality seems to work against spiritual-mindedness, as the colorful person tends to lean more on himself, even as those who are rich in material things tend to put their trust in them instead of Jehovah God."—Ps. 52:7.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Blimey O'Reilly. They have hit rock bottom and started to dig down.

Not that I believe in god and all that stuff, but where in even their corrupted bible, do they get that?

This reminds me of the lunatic nonsense that weirdo Fred Franz used to pontificate about. Mind you; at least he was interesting with his insanity.

The only spirit the GovBod (piss be upon then), know about is getting drunk.....isn't that right Tony Morris 3rd?

Image result for unintelligent people

Image result for tony morris 3rd

Wow. Look at the Holy spirit pouring through this geezer!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

In other words, fat, over weight alcoholics advance the best, since they have lost most of their thinking ability due to laziness and brain cell loss.

In the Watchtower world, fat, boring alcoholics are at the front of the slaughtering line.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

Makes sense.

If everyone in the congregation is mind-numbingly boring, the speakers might seem interesting.

Naaaaah, probably not.

• cha ching
    cha ching

OMG! "Colorful personalities!?!" What?

It also appears that inherited qualities have no small bearing on the extent to which we permit the holy spirit to have a free flow in our lives or tend to obstruct its activity.

Wahoo! Now it's what you're born with!

Good thing I left ;-)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Clearly, not all dedicated and even mature Christians possess the holy spirit to the same measure.

This is the typical Watchtower teaching that creates judgmental people who let the Ego run their life.

Ironically, I remember being counselled from the platform against praying for "an extra portion of God's Holy Spirit" to be given to a particular person or group. The reason - The Holy Spirit cannot be partitioned.

That brings us to the next point - The Holy Spirit: Either you have it or you don't.

That is just like Watchtower encouraging people to work on the "fruitages of the Spirit." First, its singular (fruitage). That is to say, if you have the Holy Spirit you display all the qualities outlined in Galatians. Second, you cannot make yourself have those qualities.

Great post Snugglebunny. Yet another proof of just how off kilter Watchtower is.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They love to use words like thus (as they do here) or evidently to imply that they've laid sufficient groundwork to reach the conclusion that they've drawn. I don't think I've ever seen a more clear example than this of them just jumping to their preferred conclusion, though.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB are idiots and they aren’t in charge anyway. I’m not sure who really owns them and I may never know, but they are definitely managed by some entity.

That article, although older, is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard and meant to discourage having a personality.

I knew this sister that was really attractive and talented. She got the side of her head cut very short and had this funky/hot hairstyle. 😛😛😛 It wasn’t 24 hours before she was counseled and beaten down by the idiot Elders, mostly fat white guys..

DD

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

The colorful personality has more need of self-control...

...and must in particular guard against the snare of creature worship.

In '63 that would have been JFK or MLK. Stop looking at real leaders and turn off that T.V.!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I noticed that was in the WT in 1963 ,so thats probably out of date now and nu-lite has been shining on them since then .

I`m thinking of people who identify themselves as JW`s who excel in sports or are celebritys of one kind or another , who can make a considerable size donation more than the average R&F JW .

We have one or two in our neck of the woods.

And the GB /WT keep their mouths shut about counselling these guys ..... I wonder why ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit