What useful piece of literature have the JW produced?

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Seeing on another post here about former JWs throwing away literature. I am curious as to the various opinions on there value.

For me I have been inactive for 3 years almost 4. I still have alot of books and of course all their bibles ever produced (except a few from the 1800s.)

In my opinion I think there are four books the JWs produced that are useful:

1. The Aid book. This actually has some unique secular sources and sometimes if you read between the lines the archeology mentioned is damning to the JWs. I have found the names in the book is always paired with a definition in Hebrew or Greek showing damningly that alot of the people are made up. (Check out the names in the book of Ruth) I also understand Ray Franz worked on this book.

2. The NWT 1984 REFERNCE Edition. The large brown one. With the thousands of footnotes and translation issue the bible brings up the reference bible is useful for examining the biblical text.

3. Mankind's Search for God. Well if you ignore a few chapters the book does a good job of explaining many of the world's religions and for that I fell it is somewhat useful.

4. The Kingdom Interlinear 1969/1985. This is obviously useful since it has the Greek text of Westcott and Hort next to the NWT. (Amazing they even produced this!) In truth I prefer Green version which uses the Textus Receptus but this is a good stab at the NT Greek.

I personally would not throw anything out before 2000. The WT is currently making a study bible . (The have done Matthew- Ephesians) and soon they will have the whole bible done. Once that is complete I can imagine they will shelf the previous books and literature. Online I have found everything back to Russel in PDF texts. It might fill a flsh drive but the amount of crap the WT said is horrible. (Apparently Germ theory is wrong and Aluminum is a sin. lol)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I personally would not throw anything out before 2000.

Correct me if I am wrong ,but I think the WT Organization has instructed congregations to destroy all of their old literature that they still have in there libraries ? Didn`t I read that somewhere on this forum ?

The JW / WT religion are masters at re-writing their past history and getting rid of anything that can be embarrassing to them at any given time....And there has been a bloody lot .LOL

Thanks be to the Internet that is going to go a long way in their fading into non existance .

The more of their old literature that we can remind them of the better .

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2012--2020 Publications Approved For Discard.

Petra!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was wondering the other day if they have anything like the old "All Scripture is Inspired" book. I know how dated and inaccurate about nearly everything the original was, so I guess that is on a "Discard" list somewhere ?

But did they ever produce an updated, but similar tome ?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

All Scripture Inspired books.

1963 and 1990 editions.

Petra!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The old Theocratic Ministry Guide Book. Strip it of the biblical bullshit and it could be re-published as a good guide to public speaking.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

The only boom ever worth a dime was the Commentary on the Letter of James

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

In my opinion I think there are four books the JWs produced that are useful

1. The Aid book.

2. The NWT 1984 REFERNCE Edition.

3. Mankind's Search for God.

4. The Kingdom Interlinear 1969/1985.

Wasn't born when these books came out. Seen them but never had any use for them. My life is awesome, and I attribute that to leaving the publishing corporation early and not getting indoctrinated with their Publications.

If their publications are so useful------WHY DID THEY GET RID OF THEM?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Petra ! I think I may have the 1990 edition, I will check when I can get to my old JW library, which is small, but my wife has made inaccessible while she "tidies up", I can take it they have not updated or replaced this book then, in which case they should be ashamed !

If someone could kindly confirm my assumptions, I may do a Thread on all that books faults, and lies etc !

I also assume it is not used at all in meetings as assigned material then ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They produced an abundance of literature that is useful to show that they are False Prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit